Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Electric hookamax

I've never used an electric unit but am currently putting together a gas powered unit with a Kawasaki FA 130 & a Thomas T-80...the T-80 is the compressor that's used on a lot of suction dredges... http://www.keeneeng.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ACS This is a link to Keene engineering. If I could afford it, I'd opt for the Model 263 compressor because it supplies enough air for two divers that are actually working.

I have a 12V Hookah Max. I have run 2 divers at 25 feet a few times. It works great. NO problems and pretty easy on the battery. Battery life will depend on you and other divers breathing habits. Breath less air and battrey works less. I have 2 (100ft) hoses running off a deep cycle marine battery. My buddy and I dive for about 3 hours before battery runs low, but I can dive 5 hours by myself....I made a wood bottom and wrapped a noodle around the edges to keep from possible cutting or poking the blow up boat. It is very stable and works really good here on Cayman Islands. We do not see the wave action that most beaches in the states see, our water is calm like a lake, only crystal clear. I have some videos up on youknowwhere....just search caymanlostandfound or metal detecting grand cayman and they should pull up. PM me if you have any specific questions. I have a video I will try to get up for you tonight or tommorow with us using the hookah and it's set-up.