Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elson and the silver ghost town part 2..

DC/Id

The place where the old smelter went has a mountain of black glass. They would take out the molten waste rock and dump it over the side until this thing got quite large. It is razor sharp and has all kinds of shapes and patterns in it. This is looking back on the smelter site from the glass hill.
[attachment 235189 P6090527.JPG]
Elson was down below hunting when I took this.
[attachment 235188 P6090524.JPG]
Huge old iron was every where including the ground we were hunting. If we could have hauled out the iron it would have been worth thousands of dollars.
[attachment 235190 P6090528.JPG]
My son Jim and grandson Zak went with us, so I sent them up the so called road on my ATV to see if it was possible to make it over the top to the East and take Elson back home a different way than we came in. I have been on that road before while elk and deer hunting and it was one of the nastiest streach of road I ever had the terror of driving on. There are also several 4-wheel drive pick-ups that have rolled off the road in the past and are still there rusting. Jim came back after an hour and reported that the road was open and had even been bladed a little! He said that we could most likely make it over alive, but driving on it would give Spiderman an anxiety attack! Elson said he was brave and wanted to try it so we headed out to tackle the mountain.We followed the creek up a couple miles and began our accent of about 4000 feet. This is the first leg before we began the switchback marathon.
[attachment 235191 P6090539.JPG]
Elson was doing fine but if he was a chewin' man I am sure he would have swallerd his chaw in the first 30 seconds of the climb. When I made the first right, the downhill was on his side of the truck and that was a lot worse! :lol: I pulled over as far to the right as I could without falling off the hill so Elson could get some close shots of the down hill if we rolled off. He did make a few shots before the whimpering started again.
[attachment 235192 P6090540.JPG]
When we were almost to the top I stopped again and took a picture of part of the climb. You can see the road we came up on the right side of the canyon below. In the bottom of the canyon is the old ghost town, but it is not visible.
[attachment 235193 P6090543.JPG]
We had quite a day. Before it was over we saw Deer, Elk, bear, coyotes, bald eagles, golden eagles, and a lot of other wildlife that do not live in the bayou. :rofl: Elson might tell you some terrible lies about the drive, but I did not try to kill him at anytime with my driving and choice of roads. :D We still had one more day to hunt and I will post our sunday adventure real soon. DC

n/t