Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

em.i

jmaryt

are tesoros in general effected by (e.m.i.?)..say in an urban environment?
just curious!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Generally they have been very quiet hunting detectors for me.
Of the ones I have used:
-Compadre with internal sensitivity adjustment turned up can pick up some chirping in some areas. I can't even attempt to air test the Compadre inside the house where it kind of sings to me just sitting on the counter top.
-Cibola with sensitivity maxed will find a small number of places it gets a little bit of chirp.
-Tejon with sensitivity maxed has more places than the Cibola, but not a lot, where it will get fairly chirpy.
All of the above solve the noise pick up by slightly turning the sensitivity down.

-Sand Shark picks up some pulsing in the threshold when it gets near some multi-frequency detectors or other PI detectors and when near some of the wireless internet repeaters around some of the resorts and hotels around the beaches. Not much can be done other than move away from the interfering source.
Cheers,
tvr

I've run into a few instances, but pretty sparse. Generally my tesoros run pretty quiet most places I hunt.
BB

Not even close to others like the teknetics brand...wow super sensitive to emi. Tesoro's seem to me like ace250 as far as emi interference goes. Really quit good. But indoors not so good. But all are like that inside.

used to own a silver u-max,and could run it in boost most of the time,
however it's the ONLY one i owned,so was wondering about all the other
models..thanks for the feed back so far!.am especially interested in the vaquero,
as it sounds like a "coin killer" with the small concentric (hot) coil .was curious
how it reacts to (e.m.i) in a urban park!.,or any city setting!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt, I can run my V wide open in almost every location I hunt with no problems. I don't have the 5.75 coil yet, but it will be my next purchase and i'm sure it will work just as well as the stock coil.
The Vaquero is a great detector with excellent depth and is super sensitive to tiny targets deep in the ground. You won't regret buying a Vaquero.

Roger

In most cases with proper sens. settings for the area no problem..What bothers me is what you can'r hear and imagine silent EMI can affect the abilities of any unit...

I have little or no trouble with EMI. In my house the only EMI I can notice is when the machine is in Vco mode. I get a wavering threshold, moving the freq switch will almost always clear it up. In the city, under powerlines, and any other place I can think of, it has never been a problem.

thanks all! i like the fact it is NOT effected by (e.m.i)
at least the type you can hear! i want to use it to "cherry pick" old parks with the
5.75 (hot) coil.i am thinking i can set the disc high,and just dog "moderate to weak sounding hits!
it is the reason why i wanted to know IF it has the "punch" to get deep!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.