Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Emergency Charger for Deus

DukeOBass

Does anyone have any experience with the Emergency Charger? I curious to know how low it take to charge a device and if it's worth having?

It works as advertised . . . . similar to the same type of device that is available for cell phones. If you use the XP model, it uses a single AA battery which gives you a partial charge in less than 20 minutes that will let you finish out the day. Others that take more than one battery allows you to plug in more than one component

Hope this helps

Andy

Thanks! I also got an additional 3 connection cable so I can keep it in the vehicle to plug in while driving to another site if needed.

If your car is close, the cigarette lighter would be the best option. You will get a stronger charge and can top off the headphones,control box and coil at the same time. I believe the emergency charger is a one item at a time devise. If the car is a 30 min. walk in each direction, the emergency charger saves the day. Odds are only the coil will need juice by the end of the day.

The problem is you'd have to run the car to charge a device.

DukeOBass said:
The problem is you'd have to run the car to charge a device.

Most cars have live power to the cigarette lighter with the ignition key in the off position and that will charge the battery with the vehicle not running.

Unfortunately, my Honda Element is not one of them.

Any of the emergency chargers that are available will work. My Mophie works just fine and can handle recharging all three items at once.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on other chargers.

Mophie Power Station XL looks like it would be a good one. Lots of power and charges 2 devices at once.

Works great but the car charger charges all 3 components at once. A quick trip to get a cold drink in the car will get you plenty of time to finish the day.
Personally the XP batteries have never ran out on me in one day of hunting. That is a ton of swing time in one day!

DukeOBass said:

Maybe this would help. You can connect at the battery or hard wire it inside the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Optronics-Adapter-12-Volt-Battery-Vehicles/dp/B000AU8LVA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1392732696&sr=8-10&keywords=12+volt+car+battery+extension+cord

Thanks. Very interesting.

DukeOBass said:

I also have an element.
Try this modification on a rainy day. You'll love it!
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25842&highlight=power+plugs+key

And to answer op's question.
I have the emergency charger and it's only carried in my remote field finds bag. It's pretty cool as it also doubles as flashlight.
Although, the battery's are great. You can run down the coil in one hard day especially using TX POWER 3

I just have it truly for emergencies and perhaps one day when my battery's have some years on them I'll get to use it to save a hunt.

Thanks!