Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Emi and sheilding problem?

I have a Elite with the 10" coil. It has the bad coil wire problem where all the rubber fell off the wire. The coil still seems to work but has bad EMI in many areas. My 10x12 is way better. Does the rubber help block EMI? Have any of you had the same problem and found a fix? I was thinking of putting foil tape around the wire. I already put shrink tube around it. Thanks

I have a park near where I live that one has to have a tremendous amount of patience to try to detect. At Times EMI is Terrible. My Gt with the SEF 10X12 and the 10" Tornado are worthless in half of that park. The S-8 is not a whole lot of improvement but I can do some detecting with it. Some days the EMI is not nearly as bad as others. As far as I know the rubber coating on the coil wire will not cut down on EMI. One would need metal shielding to cut EMI. The foil tape might help. It would be worth a try.

I wrapped the entire shaft with tin foil around the wire and it seemed to work better. I will keep experimenting and see if I can find a good shield. Thanks

Machineman, I used RESCUE TAPE on MY Coil Wire, but that was in a Couple SECTIONS of the Coil CABLE, and it WORKS G-R-E-A-T!! START Wrapping the Coil CABLE a
COUPLE of Inches before the SPLITTING Cable and TIGHTLY Wrap IT, BEING SURE to OVERLAP your Wrapping, and Continue a COUPLE of Inches AFTER the
END of the Splitting Cable!! You can BUY RESCUE Tape at WEST MARINE Stores for approx. $11.00!! BEST of LUCK, Les Robinson.