Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Emi and the Racer

2 Much Trash

Does any one know how this unit will handle emi , say from powers lines, overhead telephone wires, etc

while sitting in my living room. I have fluorescent lights on, the TV is on, my laptop is on the TV tray in front of me, and the main Pacific Power Co. substation for our entire town and outlying areas in about 100-150 feet away.

Other than that, I have hunted in the big Portland, Oregon city area a hundred yards from a larger substation w/o a problem. Yards, parking strops and other places near power poles w/o a problem. Down on our river beach w/o a problem. Matter of fact, everywhere I have hunted, except in my living room, has been w/o a problem, even when at locations where some of the others detectors were dealing with EMI. I can even leave my living room and go out on the grassy area where I walk my dog and do it w/o a problem.

Monte

I'd say that (basically) the racer & EMI is w/o a problem!!:biggrin:----Sounds good--in that respect at least.----Eager to get mine & see what all the (good) fuss is about!

So far so good...Even under High Lines~!!

Keith

Thanks Guys, I guess, for your response, videos and posts concerning the Racer. I thought sure I was done buying another detector, at least for a while. :rage: any ideas on how to slip this one by my wife without her knowing. :argue: :rofl:

2 Much Trash said:
any ideas on how to slip this one by my wife without her knowing

Get the Pro pack with the covers. Have it delivered to another address. Put the covers on and ditch the box. With the covers on it should be stealthy enough to escape attention.

2 Much Trash said:
Thanks Guys, I guess, for your response, videos and posts concerning the Racer. I thought sure I was done buying another detector, at least for a while. :rage: any ideas on how to slip this one by my wife without her knowing. :argue: :rofl:

Tell her you won it in a raffle...lol

2 Much Trash said:
I like this! In my younger years of buying WAY too many guns. I would camo tape all of em LOL. They looked the same to that witch of the west. I don't care now at my age.

Tell her its a new kids toy detector you picked up at a garage sale