Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI Question

LTimedigger

I have some good sights which are right under highlines. Not a big problem for lower density finds and a higher frequency on some machines will still get you decent depth but can be a problem on say deep silver. Any other suggestions?

Not sure what your swinging. I found hunting late at night or very early morning when power is at its lowest demand. All settings especially sensitivity low. You'll lose depth but it may calm the machine down. Sometimes ya just gotta go somewhere else. Hope that helps... hhricknmi

^ good suggestion. Some detectors definitely handle EMI better. The Fisher CZs do that and are capable of finding very deep coins even in heavy mineralized ground.

Our power lines transmit a frequency for reading meters that boggle most detectors. I lower sensitivity a bit, noise cancelling is useless. Selectable single frequency is another great tool, just find one that's quiet.
HH Jeff