Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI setting/fix

Ronstar

On the F75SE the manual says if in an EMI area one can change the freq’s up some from factory setting F1 to F7. Gives instruction to “with the unit off” hold mode button in and push the trigger forward at the same time until F number comes up on screen.
Awhile back I accidentally left the unit on to the point the batteries plain ran dead. Replaced batteries and all seemed ok but I have been noticing EMI seems more present than before and I figured it was just where I was so I would walk away until quiet. Now Im wondering if running the batts out, the unit was probably jumping all over the place cuz it was in my truck, caused the F settings to start rotating when it was on its last breath of juice.
Today, when I finally got the unit to behave, I had to leave the unit on to get the F1 number to come up. Once I did and released the trigger she went to silence and I started finding targets left and right. Unit back to complete normal and EMI gone.
Anyone have any similar experience? Now I need to try and change freqs while EMI present…….

F1 is the magic fix for most EMI. Be aware that the coil needs a few minutes to temp stabilize. Temperature differentials can cause a bit of chatter too.

HH.
Mike

HH
Mike

Another learning curve, next time this happens, no problem.
You need to keep that F75 in top running condition so JL doesn't leave you in the rear view mirror, you guys are killing out there.