Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI Tx boost

Had V3i for about a month now. Still a newbie! Been reading threads since and before i got it. Deeply appreicate all the help that yall offer on this forum! Went from an expert on a m6 to overwhelmed on the v3i. Month later im loving it feeeling comfortable, but still open for suggestions. Ive personally been using magics program, with robs tone ids. Im from west Michigan, and dont have terrible mineralization unless your on the lakeshore. Mainly coin and relic hunting for the silver and indians! My first question was with EMI in the live controls with sensativity highlighted pressing zoom brings up your menu and signal, noise levels. Is there a certain value where signal and noise need to be? Second when having ground balance highlighted in the live menu hit zoom and it shows you percentages, and values. And should you adjust your filters acordinly?

for the first question iam not sure for second as far as ti shows mineralization I think yes if the percentages are high so you should use high filter. But there is a video on utube from "earthmansurfer69" named "how to set up whites v3i". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykHQ7wob0s, it is very helpful.

To answer your first question, keep the signal% 40% or lower. The lower the better for your signal to noise ratio.

To answer your second question, yes the numbers can be use to help decide your filters to use.

Now that the video has the notes added it is pretty good.

For give me for being stupid can you give ex sample of high mineralized numbers please..:look:

If you have ground coming in at -94(VDI) with a signal strength of 2% and another ground coming in at -91 with a signal strength of 7%, it would seem to me that the ground coming in at -91 is more mineralized even though it is a less negative VDI. A signal strength of the ground as follows 0 to 10% weak, 10% to 20% Moderate and 20% and up to be strong. Try to keep it at 20% or less. The lower the mineralization, the slower one should sweep - which may mean a lower filter should be selected. The phase tells you composition (between purely ferrous and purely salt), while the signal strength tells you the concentration (more mineralized).[attachment 230456 Untitled-1.jpg]

Cheers Rob think i have it,till i get to the field and for- get it all..that's the trouble reading on here so much to remember after asking for advice.:heh:

Thanks guys for the feedback and the video!