Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI

robo99

Took the Deus out today for a bit, to an old school down the road from me for a test. I have hunted it before with the AT Pro, Vx3, and the Explorer SE Pro, and hunted with another guy using a GTI2500, and EMI had an effect on all of them. There is a cell tower about 150 yds away, and in one corner interference would be so bad you could not use a machine. The Deus, in 4khz, did not try others as it is iron infested from what I found, had a little bit of chatter but trudged right through it. I dug about a buck in clad in an hour and some junk, testing signals. The most I ever pulled from here wa about 60 cents or so in a coupple of hours. I am impressed with how well being wireless it can block out the EMI. I will go hit this spot again when I have more time, as well as others that EMI has ran me off from.

That's interesting...I have a few spots with low utility wires overhead that look promising but the interference knocked my DFX out. What settings did you use?

The Deus handles EMI very very well. Even when its present you can still pick out good targets thru the audio.

It will or can still have some chatter, but it does not render the machine inoperable like I found with the other. I couldn't run the AT higher than 2 bars, and the Explorer maybe at 10-12. The Deus did chatter a little but targets were still pronounced and noticeable.