Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI

GroundHug

Today I hunted a site that was littered with iron, and that had some pretty high power lines nearby. The lines had so much going on that you could hear the crackling off them 50 yards away. Naturally that affected the Racer 2.

What I found was using Beach mode really cuts down on the noise from EMI. The constant pops might drive you nuts otherwise if you go anywhere near those lines, and reducing the gain helps a bit, but putting it in Beach mode it was actually pleasant to use. I was able to pull a deeper, soft sounding wheatie from in the iron after I quieted the machine down that way.

It also seems to me like Deep mode just amplifies the signals - that's what it seemed like going back over things with it in that mode. This way you'll hear the faint sounds better and the rest is a bit more amplified as well. I could be wrong, but that's how it seemed running it.

And the whole machine, right from the get go, I have to say reminds me of the F75 or T2. I mean it reacts like those machines and it's chatty like they are, but it's just faster effectively than either of them are. It's deep but I'm not sure it's deeper than the F75 in the ground here. Only testing would show that. It kind of seems like a "poor man's" F75. You can get the whole bundle and better performance in the iron for less money.

I like how the features on this are well thought out.

Bang for the buck I don't think it can be beaten. My learning curve on it was at first dig everything. Now I feel much more comfortable passing by certain signals.