Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Emulating the Makro Racer with the V3i?

Altamaha

Has anyone with a V3i tried this?

Funny you should mention it. I have a friend that programmed his V3i to work like a G2, and he's doing well with it. So I think it's potentially possible, but I'm no V3i expert.

I tried a few years ago with the G2 but the racer is a great machine what is in the software doesn't need to be tweeked and I think it is far better then the V3 and better then the deus in iron and trash. It is one of the best detectors in my ground I have used in the last 12 years. I hunted with it all summer and left the deus on the wall but I like having two top of the line machines

than most Forum Readers.

Listed below in your Signature you list:

Favorite Detectors I Own:

- Whites Eagle II SL-90
- Whites Spectra V3i
- Minelab E-Trac
- Minelab CTX 3030
- Fisher CZ-70 Pro
- Fisher CZ-3D
- Makro Racer

It would seem like you have the tools at-hand to try and figure out the trickery at tweaking and fudging here and there, then adding a little imagination, to try and make a multi-adjustable, over-hyped, relatively poor-selling model try to match the simple and straight forward design of the Turkish made Makro Racer. Yes, I know the V3i can kind of work, once you get past some of its glitches and awkward performance characteristics.

I have a friend who likes his, kind of, with a program or two he spent a lot of time working up, but it still isn't a Racer. He still has other detectors because, in short, the V3i doesn't and can't "do it all" like some might think.

I mean, why have an Eagle II SL, E-Trac, CTX-3030, CZ-70 Pro, CZ-3D and Racer if the V3i is supposed to be so good and versatile? There's no use, and it's a waste of time, to try and make the V3i give you CTX-3030 results, and equally a waste of time trying to tease it into believing it is a Makro Racer.

I have and use both. The V3i can't be programmed to Emulate the Racer. The Racer is just too different and has way faster response than the V3i. The V3i can't even be programmed to emulate the IDX Pro for speed and it's not nearly as fast as the Racer. I did a quickie response test between the IDX Pro with the Snooper 350 coil (that actually measures about 4.75" diameter), and the Racer with the 5" OOR coil. I wanted to see how close together a could place two pennies together on the ground and still be able to get two separate beeps. The IDX pro was about 2.25" apart, while the Racer I could place them about 1.75" apart. Not a big difference but that comes out to about 25% quicker response for the Racer.

I tired this test with a G2 works some of the times but the racer is not going to be copied by a V3 no matter how hard you try just get the racer and hunt with both

Why would you want to in the first place? Just save $1000 and get a racer. I just can't grasp the idea of it.

Davethejunky said:
Why would you want to in the first place? Just save $1000 and get a racer. I just can't grasp the idea of it.

I'm the engineering type, so I guess tweaking things is in my DNA, which is one reason why I like the V3i.

I have a Racer already and have been using it & learning its ideosycrses, much of that thanks to Clives book. I have had the V3i since it first came out and I think that it is one of the most versatile/tweakable (my opinion) detectors on the market. With the V3i many people give up on it as being too complicated, especially many of those who do not have much experience with other whites detectors. Put the time in learning it and you will reap the rewards. As far as it being able to emulate the Racer, I have friends who own the V3i and have developed programs to emulate the G2 (as some have noted on here) and some other detectors (with some success). Just wanted some objective input from others who own/have actually used both as to their opinions regarding this. Thanks for your responses.

Altamaha (Tomas), HH

The problem with the V3 is you tweek it for one area and you still miss things with it while the racer needs no tweeking its all in the software just hunt and dig more and find more:goodnight:

There's a whole lot more to the Racer than just the fast response time. That being said, the V3i is still slower than the Racer.
The V3i is no Racer
The Racer is no V3i
It's one of the reasons I have both.

That is not always a good thing speed, it chops the sound so you don't really know what you found with your tone...

-- moved topic --