Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Encounter with Twp. Police yesterday.

matthias

I was hunting at a secluded dirt/fill dump. I heard a vehicle coming toward me and immediately saw it was a police car. He rolls up to me to ask what Im doing. Its obvious Im metal detecting and explain it to him. He took an interest in what I was doing and we began talking about the history of this dump. He was very cool to deal with. No hassle at all. He told me the only reason he drove back was because he saw my car and thought I might be dumping illegally. Just thought Id share a positive cop story. HH. Matt

I've never had a problem with the police. It's the worthless scum and busybodies that call them that gets my goat.

My Town and this area seems very Lax on detecting. I carry a permit from the Corps that allows me to search around several lakes here. I would hate to be hassled by the police or anyone! I have the standard kids talking to me slowing me down, and I have had a couple of Old drunks or mild nutcases. But other than an old busybody running me off of private property, That I thought was owned by my development, I have never been bothered. That's just the way I like it! We are getting more detectors searching around here and I have noticed they do repair their holes, but they are digging deep in places they shouldn't and must be breaking up their plugs or flaps because I see their bug Grassless brown dirt spots! So if I cant change their ways detecting I fear our days are numbered! .............GL & HH...............Pat

Nice to hear, I think the police get mostly a bad rap for just doing their job. If they get a call they have to respond. Some people are just a little too paranoid.
Good luck Gary

I was driving through Moab, Utah on Friday and decided to stretch my legs and stop and work one of the older parks in town. A few days prior to that I had called the Moab Parks&Recs dept to find out their policies. When I arrived there was a Cop in his car under a shade tree doing paper work. I started swinging and about two minutes later the Cop caught my eye, pointed at me, and did the come-to-me finger curl. "Here we go", I thought.

"Hey", he said, "I just thought I'd mention that the entire South East quadrant of the park was packed with people earlier this morning staging up for a fun-run. Might wanna try that area also."

"Thanks, I will."