Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

End of the year blowout........

Ronstar

Friday jkline and I went to a small lot where an old 20s era house used to be. Earlier he had detected and dug a Merc and some older Wheats plus the normal college town clad. Invite was welcome as weather getting to the point of better do it now cuz tomorrow might be snowing. Nothing super to share but I did dig a 1925S Wheat in really good shape (slowly cleaning as its actually that good of detail on it) and a 1962 Canada penny in fairly good condition.
Saturday we hit a corner lot on campus. Both of us got maybe $1 in clad but Jeff recovered a big 925 mans ring stamped Mexico so things looking up!
Today, oh today..... last minute decision by me to get out as snow inbound tonite. 35 degrees and windy but it is what it is. Hit older elementary school where park area behind school developed several years ago. My hopes was to get at least $5 in clad and maybe one last silver ring. First hit the wood-chips at tot lot and nothing so moved to ball courts. Snagged a couple quarters and some dimes so getting better. Worked my way towards a grassy area with sidewalks on both side that funnel down towards another tot lot and a couple benches. I started hitting quarter after quarter and more dimes and nickels. One good dime signal ended up being a badly bent silver ring so now its a darn good outing in the crappy weather. I continued working the grassy area and still was hitting quarters and dimes!! I had decided for today if getting choppy signals for foil, tabs, zinc, etc to pass.
I hit a solid foil signal that was not budging off 20-21 (Fisher F75) and showing 5-6” deep. Ok, been down this road once with the big necklace that hit solid 20. Better dig........ Holy Shamoly!!! Its gold!!!!! Tore off the gloves and dug in with bare hands. Carefully recovering and noticing a greenish/yellowish almost reddish sparkle as it came out to daylight. As soon as I had it out and cleaned it up just a bit I knew what it was, a decent size polished Fire Opal. Oh man.......
Worked my way back towards the truck and just digging nickels, dimes, and quarters. Washed off the Fire Opal with clean water and now could see it had been resized. Ring cut in half and two small “hog ring” looking clamps placed on both sides where ring overlaps itself (blow up the pic and you can see the one clamp). When I got home and cleaned it up with hot water and Dawn with toothbrush I discovered it has two small diamonds on two sides of the stone. Does life get any better? Yes, got home and my bride of 44 years asked if she could have it...... done deal. $4 in clad and a happy wife, plus........ $10 off on sale of the good good whiskey!!!!
Next week is my birthday so end of the year turns out to be nice blowout!!!!

Attachments

• BE437073-64D2-46BA-BCBD-547582C90FCC.jpeg
    BE437073-64D2-46BA-BCBD-547582C90FCC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 212
  • 533C9769-F14B-46E0-9DA7-B2D0F865EB65.jpeg
    533C9769-F14B-46E0-9DA7-B2D0F865EB65.jpeg
    753.6 KB · Views: 202
  • E353F899-0048-472C-AEE5-416333E0B7F9.jpeg
    E353F899-0048-472C-AEE5-416333E0B7F9.jpeg
    779.4 KB · Views: 200
Friday jkline and I went to a small lot where an old 20s era house used to be. Earlier he had detected and dug a Merc and some older Wheats plus the normal college town clad. Invite was welcome as weather getting to the point of better do it now cuz tomorrow might be snowing. Nothing super to share but I did dig a 1925S Wheat in really good shape (slowly cleaning as its actually that good of detail on it) and a 1962 Canada penny in fairly good condition.
Saturday we hit a corner lot on campus. Both of us got maybe $1 in clad but Jeff recovered a big 925 mans ring stamped Mexico so things looking up!
Today, oh today..... last minute decision by me to get out as snow inbound tonite. 35 degrees and windy but it is what it is. Hit older elementary school where park area behind school developed several years ago. My hopes was to get at least $5 in clad and maybe one last silver ring. First hit the wood-chips at tot lot and nothing so moved to ball courts. Snagged a couple quarters and some dimes so getting better. Worked my way towards a grassy area with sidewalks on both side that funnel down towards another tot lot and a couple benches. I started hitting quarter after quarter and more dimes and nickels. One good dime signal ended up being a badly bent silver ring so now its a darn good outing in the crappy weather. I continued working the grassy area and still was hitting quarters and dimes!! I had decided for today if getting choppy signals for foil, tabs, zinc, etc to pass.
I hit a solid foil signal that was not budging off 20-21 (Fisher F75) and showing 5-6” deep. Ok, been down this road once with the big necklace that hit solid 20. Better dig........ Holy Shamoly!!! Its gold!!!!! Tore off the gloves and dug in with bare hands. Carefully recovering and noticing a greenish/yellowish almost reddish sparkle as it came out to daylight. As soon as I had it out and cleaned it up just a bit I knew what it was, a decent size polished Fire Opal. Oh man.......
Worked my way back towards the truck and just digging nickels, dimes, and quarters. Washed off the Fire Opal with clean water and now could see it had been resized. Ring cut in half and two small “hog ring” looking clamps placed on both sides where ring overlaps itself (blow up the pic and you can see the one clamp). When I got home and cleaned it up with hot water and Dawn with toothbrush I discovered it has two small diamonds on two sides of the stone. Does life get any better? Yes, got home and my bride of 44 years asked if she could have it...... done deal. $4 in clad and a happy wife, plus........ $10 off on sale of the good good whiskey!!!!
Great job.
Carver

Beautiful ring, Ronstar!! That's why your wife wanted you to have a hobby. For the last 4 years I've had my best finds
on the last hunt of the season, go figure!

PS-- Happy early Birthday and many more!!🎂🥳

Last edited:
WOW! Early birthday blessings for you & a lovely gift for the better half ;) Beautiful OPAL (that is my younger daughter's birthstone) Congrats! Ma

Way to end the year.

Ronstar, those low steady numbers are really paying off for you, what another nice find.
Last time seems like JK went fishing and this time he went camping, seems like that happens to me when my brother WV62 goes out detecting and I go play golf, last time out he found two silver quarters.
Happy birthday, I'm also getting a little older the 29th of this month, I'll be turning 68 on that day, time sure is flying by fast since I retired.

Ronstar, those low steady numbers are really paying off for you, what another nice find.
Last time seems like JK went fishing and this time he went camping, seems like that happens to me when my brother WV62 goes out detecting and I go play golf, last time out he found two silver quarters.
Happy birthday, I'm also getting a little older the 29th of this month, I'll be turning 68 on that day, time sure is flying by fast since I retired.
my brother WV62 goes out detecting and I go play golf, last time out he found two silver quarters......was this recently ? Happy 68th !

What a beauty Mr. Ronstar!! More bling on your wife’s finger gives you an unlimited pass to go out hunting more 🤣🤣 win-win 🍻

Happy early Birthday, 52!! 🎂 🥳 You got me by 5. Didn't realize you guys were brothers! That's awesome.

No , Elmy this happened a couple years ago, now I make sure I stick close by when he goes metal hunting.
yes...we never get too old to try and learn new ways and tricks people use to find coins !

Be patient with that ring you found, Ron, My wife tends to lean to new jewelry once in a while so over the years I have gotten some of them back...

Have a VERY BIRTHDAY. Just to let you know, I have discovered the secret to old age. I will pass it on to you. KEEP HAVING BIRTHDAYS.

Carver