Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

English Coin on New York Beach

Terry Soloman

Got in two-hours at low tide on Long Island Sound this afternoon. Thought I had scored a nice old silver coin, but it turned out to be a 1992, 10-pence English coin. Suprised me. Pretty cool I guess. - T

Ive had a few American coins here in Spain on the beaches, no dollars or halfs but a few dimes, man do they sing at depth compared to our coins

Hi Terry, yes I get the same thing over in Spain !! I also find British and American coinage there too . Because its a sunshine resort and is totally reliant upon tourism I have coins from all over the world at my apartment . I dont know where the majority of the coins are from or what value they hold but I keep throwing them in a pot and perhaps ( one day ) !!! ???
Last year I took a load of Peseta coins into the Banko de Espanya and exchanged them into 130E ( exchange rate was = 161 pasatas for 1E ) . So I have been saving them up again since last season , but sadly I have been told that the bank has now stopped this exchange from pasata -Euroe ? can anyone confirm this to be true ? ( I hope not as I have another large stash of coins to exchange )
happy hunting Tony Weston

i have coins from all over the world in the north east cost

Not true tony, i just changed my pesetas found since february last week and got 179

found an old 1899 or was it 190? liberty v nickle on my local patch once in with a load of 1890-1912 sixpences...