Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

english hammered coin

hoarder

i pulled this little darling out today,so anyone who reckons the x-terra 50 will not find thin hammered silver coins,then think again.

it is an elizabeth 1st sixpence,1584,26mm across and waver thin as usual for these sort of coins here in england.

for those of you who are interested it came in at 30 and high tone

well done Hoarder,but in reality most detectors used in UK would of found it ,no mention of depth of coin .s till a good find .

Here in the States, I get excited with a silver coin from the mid 1800's! :) As I have been telling myself for over 30 years.....some day I will make a trip across the pond and do a bit of detecting. Posts like yours only reinforce that thought and make me wish I had done it sooner! Thanks for sharing your finds with the X-Terra. HH Randy

hi john,
sorry i forgot to mention the depth ?
nothing spectacular the coin was about 6-8 inches so i guess it was easy pickings.
it is just a little bit more special than all my other coins as it is my first with the x-terra 50.
regards
mike

hi randy,
thank you for your comments on my coin.
i would advise logging into the uk detectornet if you plan on coming over as we have some ex-pat american users who would be able to tell you more about coming over here to detect.
september/october is the best months as most of the harvesting is done then and the majority of detecting rallies are held throughout the uk during these months.
don`t leave it to late in life or you might never get around to it ??

regards
mike

I have seen some small targets give some great signals with the X-Terra, it has surprised me at times.

Very nice find and hope it is only the first of many.

Rick

Hey Mike, I hear ya on that waiting too long.... I don't know if anyone from my family has been back across the pond since your courts sent my gr gr gr gr grandfather to America as an Emigrant in Bondage back in 1769. Not that we hold a grudge. :ranting: Just never made the time, I guess. Maybe next year. :cheers: HH Randy

my ears really perked up when i heared the signal as it was so clear and loud,ringing in at 30 on the digital.
it was just asking to be dug ?