Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Enjoying my new BBS beachcleaner!:clsoedeyes:

bugg

After being without a Sovereign for about 18 years, I decided to take the plunge last winter and pick up another!'

I've finally had the time the last 3 weeks to put on about 20 hours, at some local freshwater beaches.
I have used the 10 tornado, the 13 nel, and the 15 wot. I use the 13 the most. It did not take long to get used to the audio again.
After the first two hours, I wondered how much I was missing , as the audio nulls out at times. I fired up my red racer, with the 13 x 17 coil,and retraced
the area I detected with the Sov. I only found one earing that was a match to the two I picked up with the Sov! Ok, confidence level high, I went back to the Sov.
So far, about 150 coins, 3 cheap rings, 2 earings, a token, a dog tag, and some trash of course..
This thing is a nickel killer. I have been using Rons Meter, and my hats off to him and that meter. That thing is awesome! Its getting to the point where I keep the meter turned off, unless I hit a low to mid range audio target, then flip it back on, ( to save the battery). I have not been worried about maxing the depth, as our beaches here in the Ozarks
are all rocks with a bit of sand and clay mixed in.Not thrilled about the thought of digging down deep in that stuff. I'm one happy Sov owner, should have never sold my old one. What a fun machine!
HH

Those that know the Sovereigns well always seems to come back to them or keep one around. These are some awesome detectors that takes some time getting used to at first and many will give up, but those that stay with it and get to know them well has seen some awesome finds in many well worked out areas.
I don't do beach hunting, but for land hunting those 180 meter if you do any coin and jewelry hunting is a must for me and going super slow to get the deeper targets and those close to iron by going slow.
Good luck and hope to see you find some great items and post them on this forum.

Rick

I love reading stories about Detectorists and their experiences, using their BBS instruments. Thanks for yours, Bugg.

Rick,is one of the best Sovereign hunter's around,yes the Sovereign is an awesome detector.This year the farm and the Historical Society has taken up a lot of my time.Need to get some metal detecting time.Thanks Ron