Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EPIC CA Hunt!! You will want to watch this one!!

Well in this case no one flocked to the area. We were already in it.

Once Andrew found the first couple coins I did not even have to think about it. Mark and I let him dig every target in the general area. Mark and I still detected but let Andrew recover the targets as we felt it was part of the cache/coin spill adn wnated it to stay together.

When the 12-15 foot area played out then we agreed that we would all hunt for ourselves again.

But yes it could have gotten weird if the spill would have covered a much larger area- but it worked out in this case.

Andrew kept all the coins he recovered and Mark kept the coins he recovered. I kept the memories of one of the best detecting events of my life adn I created teh video to share with all of you!!

Witnessing them dig the coins was just as much fun in my opinion. I got the same rush as if I had swung my coil over it. For me it is the thrill of seeing a treasure pop out of the ground. Value is secondary to me so whether it is in Mark or Andrews display or mine -- it is still cool. Now don't get me wrong. I would have loved to found them!! LOL

Ron (CA) said:

Once Andrew found the first couple coins I did not even have to think about it. Mark and I let him dig every target in the general area. Mark and I still detected but let Andrew recover the targets as we felt it was part of the cache/coin spill adn wnated it to stay together.

When the 12-15 foot area played out then we agreed that we would all hunt for ourselves again.

But yes it could have gotten weird if the spill would have covered a much larger area- but it worked out in this case.

Andrew kept all the coins he recovered and Mark kept the coins he recovered. I kept the memories of one of the best detecting events of my life adn I created teh video to share with all of you!!

Witnessing them dig the coins was just as much fun in my opinion. I got the same rush as if I had swung my coil over it. For me it is the thrill of seeing a treasure pop out of the ground. Value is secondary to me so whether it is in Mark or Andrews display or mine -- it is still cool. Now don't get me wrong. I would have loved to found them!! LOL
I love your attitude about this awesome find Ron!!! :clapping:

Ron (CA) said:

It's interesting that the finds were in a smallish area but it begs the question - how did that happen? Only the half-eagle was a smallish coin compared with the others and large coins are hard to lose. If they were deliberately hidden and then scattered later by plowing or some other means, wouldn't they bear some marks or damage from that? Did any of the coins bear significant marks consistent with having been moved around by a plow? Has your research hinted at some kind of fight or other dramatic event that might explain how they were scattered? :shrug:

-pete