Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Epoxy on coil bottom and warranty?

In theory yes. BUT
If the repair center doesnt have to return old parts they will probably close there eyes. I would & often did.
If ML is reasonable at most they may not cover the coil. Just no way to tell for sure.....

HH
Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
In theory yes. BUT
If the repair center doesnt have to return old parts they will probably close there eyes. I would & often did.
If ML is reasonable at most they may not cover the coil. Just no way to tell for sure.....

HH
Tom
LFOD !

I always heard that was the only thing one could do to the coil and not void the warranty. Xcal users having been doing that for years.

I can tell you they had no problem with marine epoxy on the Xcals. Bed liner was a different story..... some have metal. IF it doesnt affect the performance so they can tune one they told me you are good. MOST coils thou...... if they are bad they dont do a repair anyway. I see why you want to do it. The CTX skid plate stretches and crates almost a rudder affect ...... this coil will do the same creating more drag than it should have. When in doubt...... ask um.

Dew