Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Epoxy on the"flounder skeleton"

Or maybe it does not matter?
I took off my coil cover beacuse black sand was getting in on the beach. I'd like to do something like that as long as it does not effect the warranty.....

Marine Epoxy. Got it at Home Depot and have put it on all the coils I use. I have it on 2 Excaliburs and even after much use there is no wear yet. Also I am a scrubber and the others are holding up great as well

Just make sure that you go around all the slots as well as the outside with masking tape. Let the tape have about 1/8 inch space from the edge. After you mix (it will take about 3/4 of the tubes) apply with a 1/2 inch fairly stiff artist brush.It sets up in about 50-55 minutes so remove the masking tape at that time and just let it set for a few hours and you can use it GENTLY -after 24 you ban do what you want,if you should ding it you can always repair it and it will be as good as new.
HH

n/t

All areas are masked the same. It is a PITA getting into the small holes but you can do it if you take your time and use small pieces of tape. A knife blade helps too. . Takes about 30-45 minutes to get it masked properly