Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Epoxy recommendation for coil ear fix

Gigmaster posted a great video on fixing the coil ears on a Nox. I did this repair over a year ago and it's still holding up 100%. Be sure to use the ABS plastic and the Gorilla 2 tube epoxy shown in the video. Use sandpaper to rough up all mating surfaces before gluing & clamping. Use needle files to contour the ABS plastic edges to fit against the coil before gluing. The Gorilla epoxy is made for ABS plastic. The coil is ABS.
I tried one of those 3D printed stiffeners and my coil ears broke while it was attached.,so much for that idea. Do the Gigmaster fix and be done.
I glued mine before it ever broke thats the smart thing to do ..
Mark