Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQ 600 any regrets?

Hotrod65

Hello everyone I am new to the forum in terms of posting but have been an active "lurker" for quite a while. Anyway I have been involved in the treasure hunting hobby since my son wanted to give it a try when he was in Boy Scouts. After 15 years of off & on hunting (depending on free time) we are both looking to upgrade from our current Whites machines. We are beach and park hunters in Southern CA, we have some tricky soil here which clearly the Equinox will prove much more effective for us than our current equipment. I have researched the main differences between the 600 & 800 but thought I would ask those who have had the 600 for a while now if they had any regrets in not getting the 800? If so can you describe why you feel that way and what features you feel make paying the extra $$$ for the 800 worth it. Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have not only learned a lot from you all but have had some good laughs as well with all the anticipation and second guessers exchanging wit while waiting for the Equinox to arrive.

No regrets here with the 600 (as compared to the 800). I still think the only mode I'll ever use is multi...which is the same on both machines.
I do, however really hate the feel of the 600, which would be the same on the 800 The ergonomics are horrible. I could swing the T2 much longer and it is a pound heavier.

I really wish I had the ability to save a custom program and the cheap headphones that come with the 600 are annoying , not necessarily regrets but if I could have spent an extra $200 for the 800 it would have been worth it.

I wish I had the adjustable backlight of the 800. 600 is just too bright. Did ML do it on purpose? Otherwise, I think the headphones and earbuds I use are both better than those that come with the 800.

Just received my NOX 600 yesterday. I am satisfied with the build quality, display, and sounds. I have to say that after running an AT-PRO and XP Deus (with 9" coil) for several years now I was a little surprised at how coil heavy it is. Nothing against the machine, I have just been spoiled with the feather lite Deus. I have had several pre-orders in for an 800 and still plan on taking delivery of atleast one of them when my numbers in line finally come up. From all the research of the facts (not the hype) of the NOX machines I decided to buy a 600 to start learning on since they are basically the same machine just the 800 has more features in its software. I have not put it to any real tests yet but I think it will be a keeper. 600's are easy to find, if you are not very high up on a list to get an 800 then I really think the average person will be thrilled with a 600.

Patience! I believe the 800 has so much more to offer! I am one to talk! This is a break in technology! How can anyone have patience? I am learning to accept the unavailable detector as perhaps an advantage to learn from this post, and many others. I am new in detecting! I first bought an MXT All Pro, and liked it so well, that I knew the V3i had so much more to offer. Now, I wish I had waited for the Equinox 800! I will learn the V3i! And, I will accept no other machine than the Equinox 800 for my 2nd, premised on the fact that it has the additional freq./KHz. The additional freq./KHz that the Equinox 800 has will compliment the advantage that the Equinox 600, or, the V3i neither has. And, to be quite honest, in the interim, how many manufacturers will be compelled to be extremely competitive, and manufacture a detector that does everything the aforementioned detectors do? The very limited detectors that will scan simultaneous freqs./KHz, and now on the horizon is this awesome Equinox 800, that has already at this very early time earned much recognition as evidenced by the treasures being reported. I will now 'wait' for the Equinox 800! A detector can only do what it was designed to do? ? ? Competition will compel other manufacturers to be competitive, . . . or, else. . . .

Thanks for the feedback everyone. My son ordered the 800 back in January which just arrived yesterday. I did not want to wait that long and since there are 600's available was considering getting one instead of waiting and the other benefit is saving $250. After hanging with my son last night on the first use he only used the auto settings in Beach 1. Unit was very stable in the black sand. What I did notice the backlight is really bright when on high setting, irritatingly bright when dark out. I note the 600 only has on and off, can anyone confirm the 600 backlight is the same as the 800 on high setting? Otherwise the auto settings which I assume would be the same as the 600 were quite good. Within 15' of the first hunt found a nice earring!

No regrets. It's lightening fast and picks out coins in a sea of foil and pull tabs in every direction every 4".
I bought Bluetooth headphones by Skullcandy. I didn't realize the latency speed was double the lag that comes with the headphones on the 800 at 170miliseconds. Its noticable but not too bad. If you want the exact headphones that come with the 800 look on Ebay for Miccus low latency APTX Bluetooth headphones. Only $60 and same exact ones as on 800.