Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 3rd hunt silver

DFX-Gregg

Hit 50 degrees today... ground still pretty solid beyond 5 inches... At this point the biggest difference from 10-12 years ago... is clad is no longer just laying around all over... I remember years ago after the snow melted it was everywhere...Five hunts in for the year 2 with dfx 3 with the Nox 800... and not even $10 in clad...

Back in the days of clad would easily be over $50 right now... Maybe its just the frozen ground...but I doubt it... because hardly any surface finds...

Now the good news.... the hunt itself turned from bad to good... only $1.34 in clad... but I hit my first silver with the Equinox... a 1954 Rosie reading 26/27... I had about .50 cents and had sunk in some mud... while trying to get it off my boots... I got a quarter signal.... 29/30 area... dug it.. and stayed in a very tight area making the rest of the finds before I left...

Oh and for new users... those ketchup packages are coming up 2/3...lol...

Attachments

• nox on 2 28 22 shab..jpg
    nox on 2 28 22 shab..jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 113
Congratulations on your 1st silver with the equinox! You are quickly getting the hang of it.

Nice find with that silver dime!!!
I do not think people are carrying around much change anymore….. I started in 2006 and have seen the number of fresh drops decreasing over the years.
Exactly... all the snow almost melted here will be interesting to see how much I find now... I saw 3-4 guys claiming to be finding 20-30 in clad a hunt... guess I will have to find the coin fountain they are hunting in!

Congrats! Keep on hittin it! You and your machine will become as one...It just takes a while! Good luck to you!
If I can get it where I had the DFX years ago will be happy...the explorer I wish I did not burn out as I was just learning it...did not expect my burn out break to be 10-12 years... the se seems like a great detector too... just wanted to see what the newest technology was like.

is clad is no longer just laying around all ove
One of my buddies and I were talking about the lean clad hunts just the other day. I don't hunt for clad purposely, but will take all I can get hunting for older coins. One thing is less people have been out and about at the parks and school yards do to this $#%^& pandemic. Its just not getting replenished.

Good hit on the Rosie.....and stick with the Nox. I've had mine about 9 months now and starting to feel comfortable with it. Slow, slow, slow, is the way to go with it. Good luck! HH jim tn

Thanks slowing the hunt down and listening to the tones...forget this tid...
And if you get one of those iffy one way deep signals dig them I’ve dug lots of masked silver that had iron in the hole with a coin.
I just dug two 1929 SLQs right next to each other with a big rusty nail in the hole ,
Mark

I agree with the lessening of clad. With everyone using plastic or their phones to pay for stuff. BUT, they still take their jewelry off to play in parks and sports fields!!!

Exactly... all the snow almost melted here will be interesting to see how much I find now... I saw 3-4 guys claiming to be finding 20-30 in clad a hunt... guess I will have to find the coin fountain they are hunting in!
When I first started detecting in 2006, the local schoolyards were full of clad, but even then I believe I only found $30 worth of clad only once or twice.
That is a lot of coins to get to that amount, but if you can get on the right site, it can be done.