Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 vs. Quest pro

dirt lizard

These 2 machines are almost twins. Which one would have the advantage over the other?

They are not even close to being twins. The Quest pro is more like Makro Kruzer that has 3 selectable frequencies. The Equinox 600 uses Multi-IQ technology just the same as the Equinox 800.

A video of the new Quest Pro in action and not just planted targets or air tests. I had interest in the original version but waited due to the issues. Same price point as the Kruzer and similar to the Equinox. But don't see much out there on the new version and my days of being the guinea pig with new detectors is long over.....:-(

The only thing remotely similar between these two are the looks.

My dad looked like Sean Connery when I was growing up.
He didn't sound like him. Didn't act like him. Didn't make the money Connery made.

And no one expected him to.

Personally I'd go with the company that innovates, as opposed to just stealing IP from others.
Quest used to be called Deteknix. There's several reasons they're not, anymore.

One of them involves the copying theft of Fisher's T2 software code.
(Google "lawsuit quest detectors")

As opposed to a head to head, I'd like to see Quest simply disappear.

john4840 said:
They are not even close to being twins. The Quest pro is more like Makro Kruzer that has 3 selectable frequencies. The Equinox 600 uses Multi-IQ technology just the same as the Equinox 800.
The new Quest Pro is Not at all like the Makro Multi-Kruzer. Not even close. The Pro is a good unit, made to appeal to the younger crowd who love to play with their cellphones and apps.

azsh07 said:
A video of the new Quest Pro in action and not just planted targets or air tests. I had interest in the original version but waited due to the issues. Same price point as the Kruzer and similar to the Equinox. But don't see much out there on the new version and my days of being the guinea pig with new detectors is long over.....:-(

I still have the orig. Deteknix Pro and I would take it over the new Quest Pro, don't need the apps or the notching. The orig. Pro issues for the most part were user induced and the programing pre sets in the different mode settings that made it hyper. Problem was owners manual failed to be detailed enough beyond the functions of the basic controls. You were left scratching your head. But, if you had a Tek T2 manual around and or used a T2, performance and operation could be duplicated. It also had a few other tricks not found on the T2. I modified the control box angle for better ergonomics. Its a GEM of a detector with an adapted T2 5DD search coil I use on it. I also adapted one of the 5x9 DD Q40 newest Quest detectors search coil to it and the orig 9x11 DD search coil. Also converted the 2 piece straight shaft to the newer Q40 3 pc. straight shaft.

The new Quest Pro has new, different software, better angle control box, and will sync up with your cell phone. And plot your GPS locations etc. Like the orig. Pro, the overall good feel, handle comfort, balance of the new Pro is the same.

I ended up with a sample Makro MK and swapped my Impact coils onto it. Most of us have concluded that its basically a Nokta Impact with less modes with waterproofing with similar performance. I loved the Impact but, the MMK seems to tick all my boxes for modes, features, settings options, waterproofness and weight/balance, performance. That's what I will be using this year and so on, unless some one hands me a detector to try