Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600

wildbill!!

I pulled the trigger on the Minelab Equinox 600. I did an air test today and the Equinox is about an inch to an inch a half deeper than the T2+. I know an air test is not really accurate but it is what it is. The T2+ is a great machine so I'm going to hit places with the T2+ and then go back with the Equinox 600 and see if I find more targets.

I pulled the trigger on the Minelab Equinox 600. I did an air test today and the Equinox is about an inch to an inch a half deeper than the T2+. I know an air test is not really accurate but it is what it is. The T2+ is a great machine so I'm going to hit places with the T2+ and then go back with the Equinox 600 and see if I find more targets.
Just remember, there is no 'perfect' detector and we should, and can, learn more as we go. Therefore, do just the opposite as well. Work a dedicated area with the Equinox 600 first, then spend an equal amount of time, using similar s4ttings and search coils, with the T2+. We can always learn something.

Monte

Air test are underrated if a detector can't do it in an air test with no resistance how will it detect better in the ground with resistance?
With air test you have to watch out for EMI it can and will effect the test.

Looks like you have a good tandem going there! I am using the T2+ with 5x10 teamed with a Legend 6 inch DVD for inland jewelry hunting along with a simplex with sp24 coil.The larger 11inch coils don't get much use. I'm waiting for a new 5x9 or 8.5 coil for the legend. Good luck and HH!

I did an air test today and the Equinox is about an inch to an inch a half deeper than the T2+
What modes did you use? What disc settings? T2 has a huge boost at about 40 or 50 disc. Did you try boost or boost AM on the T2 or did you leave everything at start up default?

Air test are underrated if a detector can't do it in an air test with no resistance how will it detect better in the ground with resistance?
I would say it depends on how well it deals with the ground's resistance and EMI in the area..

What modes did you use? What disc settings? T2 has a huge boost at about 40 or 50 disc. Did you try boost or boost AM on the T2 or did you leave everything at start up default?

I would say it depends on how well it deals with the ground's resistance and EMI in the area..
When I did the air test I had the disc set at 0, are you saying the T2 will get better depth with the disc set at 40-50?

Just remember, there is no 'perfect' detector and we should, and can, learn more as we go. Therefore, do just the opposite as well. Work a dedicated area with the Equinox 600 first, then spend an equal amount of time, using similar s4ttings and search coils, with the T2+. We can always learn something.

Monte
I like your idea.

I've used the Equinox 600 a couple times now and I'm not that impressed with it, I think the T2+will definitely hang with it and might even surpass it. I will give the Equinox credit it is good in trashy spots. I think I still like the T2+ better

I had a Nox 600 and just didn't like it or the feel of it. I did find 2 gold rings with it though, but not much in the relic dept. I like my At Pro and G2+ better. I can tell by the tones when something is deep. The Nox's tones always sounded loud, shallow or deep. I rarely beach hunt so I don't need multi.

With air test you have to watch out for EMI it can and will effect the test.
I agree with your statement to a point, but some detectors do not perform as well in air tests as real conditions… the Sovereign series is one of them… not much in air tests as far as depth, but it goes deep in real world conditions.
The FBS detectors may be the same.

I agree with your statement to a point, but some detectors do not perform as well in air tests as real conditions… the Sovereign series is one of them… not much in air tests as far as depth, but it goes deep in real world conditions.
The FBS detectors may be the same.
Yes, that is true... the explorer and expII were not real impressive for air testing, but in real out in the field digging holy smokes, boy were they deep monsters.

In perfect conditions without any emi,the maximum depth you will get in an air test is the maximum depth you will get in the ground.A lot of people will air test a machine in their house and find it isn't that great......its because of interference affecting the coils field.Take the machine out to a field and hey presto the machine seems to hit deeper.......its because there is less interference affecting the coils field.........firstly because there is usually much less emi to start with and secondly the coil is on the floor and not receiving any emi that is present as much as it would if the coil was pointing at its surroundings as is the case in an air test.
The maximum depth in air you can get in conditions with no emi is the detectors maximum depth and that's it........no detector "extends" its magnetic field because of needing a ground matrix etc to work properly,that's rubbish.
The above are not my words but those of a metal detector designer and manufacturer but its just common sense.