Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Finds An Old Tribe Among the Iron

CZconnoisseur

Finally getting some rain in these parts and it's helping to get down to business on the deeper iffies and squeakers.....although every one of the Indians registered correctly from 19-21 and were 7-8" deep. The shallower coins were a surprise - and the 1919 S Wheat was only 6" down. Didn't see any iron within a foot of the coin - it just goes to show you that it's REALLY difficult to get your coil over 100% of any given area and really say honestly it's "hunted out".

Those Bic lighter wheels are just evil - but if you're digging them at 6-7" it's in a way reassuring since a coin, even a dime is much easier to detect at that depth. And...every so often there will be something else waiting under the lighter wheel....usually a deep nail! :thumbdown: but not always...

Glad to see others having similar results - only thing different about last hunt was Recovery went from 3 to 2, however this was problematic in some areas. Just got replacement headphones and looking for another go tomorrow night - customer service by the way is fantastic! I'm waiting to see if the recent rains help with the deeper targets...seems like the detector likes at least a little soil moisture to do its thing...

Very good.

Nice batch of oldies, looks like the dates are about the same! The condition of your coin are pretty good it seem about half of my coppers are toast here lately.
Laplander

Nice group in IHs! You're right about the lighter wheels, those things are baaaaad. Perfect coin response and always seem like that that really deep coin you just KNOW is going to be a killer find. LOL, oh well, such is life.

Great digs! I like silver but IH's are my favorites.

Nice bunch of IHC’s. I’ve not tried hunting with my recovery that low. Lately I’ve been running at 5. I’ll give it a swing here. I pick up an occasional rusty nail. My IB setting is 3. What is your iron bias setting?

Rich

Rich (Utah) said:
Nice bunch of IHC’s. I’ve not tried hunting with my recovery that low. Lately I’ve been running at 5. I’ll give it a swing here. I pick up an occasional rusty nail. My IB setting is 3. What is your iron bias setting?

Rich

Iron Bias is 3 as well....rusty nails are common for me it's just a fact of life where I hunt.

Nice tribe and in good condition.