Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 800 shuts off automatically

Gurnitz

Just received my equinox after powering it on and about 5 seconds it powers off. It does appear to have almost full battery. Anyone else have this issue?

I think this is the first I have heard of a power off issue. If it were me I would charge it fully and try again or try a factory reset.

Charge it then try.

Gurnitz said:
Just received my equinox after powering it on and about 5 seconds it powers off. It does appear to have almost full battery. Anyone else have this issue?
. Do you have the coil hooked up to it? Mine powers off all by itself if the coil is not attached to the control housing.

I think it has found you unworthy. Sorry.

Dan(NM) said:
Gurnitz - Just received my equinox, after powering it on and about 5 seconds it powers off. It does appear to have almost full battery. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you have the coil hooked up to it? Mine powers off all by itself if the coil is not attached to the control housing.

I hadn't tried this Dan. Good to know.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
I hadn't tried this Dan. Good to know.
Rich -

In the 'old days', many detector makers warned us that detector damage could occur by powering up without coils.
(Like power amps without speakers.)

I'm sure there's all manner of protection circuitry now, but there are still many modern machines that won't power up without a coil.

After all, a detector without a coil is...a stick?
;)
mike