Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800

JAN1

Morning all.

I have an Equinox 800 which is well used on our local beaches. the problem I have with it is the control box seems to be coming away from where it is connected to the shaft and sees to have a lot of play and the control box seems to be splitting in half.
Has anyone had this problem and if so what if anything can be done to repair it.

Thank you all

Some have experienced the pieces that are molded into the control pod that the screws attach to have come loose.
You might want to take it apart from the shaft and look at those.

Yep the screws that hold the bottom on my 800 pulled the brass inserts out the plastic cracked! I had my whole unit replaced it was under warranty.
Mark

Some have experienced the pieces that are molded into the control pod that the screws attach to have come loose.
You might want to take it apart from the shaft and look at those.
I managed to remove the control pod but have no idea how to move on from there. Thank you in advance.

Are you able to take a couple photos and upload for us to view?

Looks like the problem is terminal, will keep using it until it fails. Better get out and find some Gold.

Attachments

• DSCN0652.JPG
    DSCN0652.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0652.JPG
    DSCN0652.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 44
Wow! I truly do not have an answer for you. Even if it is out of warranty, I’d still inform Minelab. A detector should bring us years of enjoyment not structural issues like this.

Looks like the problem is terminal, will keep using it until it fails. Better get out and find some Gold.
That is the first I’ve seen or heard of one doing that… and that is not even a stress point.
Too bad it is not under warranty still.