Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox and bottle caps

pine3874

This video will show you how to distinguish a bottle cap from a non ferrous target in Beach Mode. It is not my video, I'm just providing the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yaVPDhsig

What happens if you shift to gold mode to check the cap instead of all metal? My 800 doesn't come until tomorrow... :wiggle: hard to wait much longer.

pine3874 said:
This video will show you how to distinguish a bottle cap from a non ferrous target in Beach Mode. It is not my video, I'm just providing the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yaVPDhsig
Thanks, that solved the same issue I was having with crown tops.:thumbup:

The video is great, but there's another way (it just won't work in beach mode as beach mode is locked in Multi-IQ, thus the need for that "alternative" method.)

In Park or Field mode, when you hit a low to mid teens target (for me the rusty steel caps hit 11 or 12), switch into single freq. mode (5 or 10 kHz work best), and see if the ID of the target jumps well up into the 20s. If it does? Rusty screw cap. If it stays in the teens? Non-ferrous. If you are hunting where caps are a significant problem, it would seem you could set up a custom profile (on the 800) under the "user" button that is running 5 kHz single freq...and then you have a very quick "check mode" to disc. out your rusty caps...

Steve

Works fine on the shallow caps ..... Don't work on the deep ones.

I'll pass and wait for the next model. Switching and checking isn't an option in the surf. I don't even want the screen on the beach to tell you the truth.

Rob in (Ca) said:
Works fine on the shallow caps ..... Don't work on the deep ones.
True, I just got off the beach and after trying pine3874 vid tips... you are correct it does work fine on crown tops in less than a foot of sand but I was digging them at 18 to 20 inches and it was not until I got the coil closer to them under 12 inches that I got the low tone first.
Like a kid with a new chemistry set the learning process goes on. :detecting:

Well seems the FE/Con TID on a smart screen ..... wins this discussion Goodmore. 40 digits and where they allow bottle caps to fall wasnt well thought out. Got a lot more digit spread from penny up.