Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox beach ignore number

Dears ... I know its not important thing but really I feel confused with ID number from 1 to 9 because only I was found foils and half cut pull tab and nothing special so I given it more chances but same and same and to let you know I'm beaches hunter , so any help about that . regards

After 250+ hours in salt and fresh water with the Equinox 800 I no longer rely on the ID numbers. I go by the tones. However, I have observed the IDs during my initial learning curve and have one small 9K ring that showed a 1, my best ever bracelet came in at 4 {on my second outing} and my wedding band hits a constant 18. Swing, Listen, Dig, it works for me. After 35 year with the SurfMaster, Infinium, 2 Excaliburs, ATPro, ATX and 9 others, I have to say the Equinox is a pleasure to detect with. Is it the perfect detector in every location / environment...NO...that is why I have 13 detectors hanging on my wall along with a wide variety of coils. I always try to select the correct detector in a given environment for a give object of search.

Last weekend in Sandiego, my Nox detected a nickel on the surface of the heavily black sand beach with a proper ID of 13. It would detect the nickel buried in the same spot to a depth of 7-8”, but the ID was 3.

You dont say what kind of beaches you are hunting. salt and freshwater beaches require different plans.

first, you should be digging EVERY target that isn't iron. Most gold rings are lost by women, and most womens rings are thin and small and read as foil ( 1 - 9 ).

Second, if you are hunting a saltwater beach and digging foil, you need to wait for conditions to improve. foil washes in and out with sand. If you are digging foil, your beach is loaded with fresh sand. Look for low spots, or hard packed sand. When you start digging lead, old corroded coins, or heavy metal, then concentrate you hunting at those times and places.

lytle78 said:
Last weekend in Sandiego, my Nox detected a nickel on the surface of the heavily black sand beach with a proper ID of 13. It would detect the nickel buried in the same spot to a depth of 7-8”, but the ID was 3.

I noticed this too. Targets at depth like coins give a lower VDI reading when deep in the sand. I had a quarter give a VDI of 9 until I got two scoops off of it then it shot to 30. I was wondering if they report as iron even deeper? I'm sure they do. So now I'm wondering if I need to dig deep iron? If so I should just get a PI.

Excellent advice Jason.

A note on my San Diego experience of a couple of weeks ago. My nickel buried in black sand couldn’t hide so well from a PI detector I had along. Instead of 7 to 8” with the Nox, the PI hit it clearly at 17 - 18”.

lytle78 said:
Excellent advice Jason.

A note on my San Diego experience of a couple of weeks ago. My nickel buried in black sand couldn’t hide so well from a PI detector I had along. Instead of 7 to 8” with the Nox, the PI hit it clearly at 17 - 18”.

PIs have ALWAYS been the king of depth, I dont think anyone has challenged that. The choice between PI or Multi comes down to trash. If you waste a lot of time digging fishing hooks, bobby pins, etc, then you miss out on the opportunity to cover more ground which raises the chance for gold. If you have a very quiet beach, using a PI is best choice. If youre hitting lots of little iron then it only makes sense to play the odds with the MF.