Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox carbon shaft build...

Mark kus

I have just ordered a carbon shaft to replace my stock one on my equinox 800
I will post some pics of the build next week when parts come in...
See how it comes out...

Well it’s all done fit and finish we’re perfect!took me about 2 hours drilling was the longest part but looks great and absolutely no wobble!
Cost around $40.00 all the parts!

Looks good! What did you use for shaft locks? I used Plugger Shaft Locks for Minelab Equinox and bought the (OD 22mm x ID 20mm x 1000mm (Roll Wrapped) Glossy 3k Carbon Fiber Tube) = 40" from xu171120 both off Ebay. Was in a hurry but it came out great. Didn't glue the locks to the shaft and never had a problem. Left it 40"s long but i think its still lighter then stock. Used a battery drill, chalk box, and craftsman workmate bench. And a black rubber chair foot for a end cap.

Nice I did almost the same with mt build but I knocked out the stock plug on my metal shaft fit perfect!

Nice I did almost the same with mt build but I knocked out the stock plug on my metal shaft fit perfect! and I used the plugger connector.

And bought a Steve’s clamp works grest