Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox depth

It seems I have been having depth issues with my 800 lately. When I first got it Park 2 multi 5 tone the rest default I had no problem with 8-10 in. coins I had missed with other detectors.. The last,6 or 7 hunts I noticed I was only getting shallow targets, the meter is pegged but the target is in the roots to maybe 3 in. down. I do get an occasional deeper signal but I have been hunting some old places and lack of any deeper signals has my attention. Sat. I hunted with a guy who was running an Etrac. While checking his 12-43 12-44 7 -8 in. wheatie signals all I was getting was scratchy and clipped audio. If i put it in all metal it seemed to clean up the signal a little bit. I did a mode reset, I tried adjusting recovery speed. Since I've noticed this, I have removed cover and cleaned coil,reinstalled coil.. Have done several factory resets, mode resets, tried hunting in Park 1 and field 2, tried slowing recovery speed. Has anyone else had these issues ? Mark

I have depth issues idk if its ground or some machines aren't the same as others or just bad ground affecting it cause I've hit pull tabs super deep yet struggle on a 9 inch quarter in some places I think its soul but idk.

markinswpa said:
It seems I have been having depth issues with my 800 lately. When I first got it Park 2 multi 5 tone the rest default I had no problem with 8-10 in. coins I had missed with other detectors....... Mark

Have you tried cross-checking targets with different modes and selections? I'm trying to figure out if your problem is only affecting P2.

My P2 has been useless because it seems to getting iron targets non-stop, everywhere. No problems with any other modes.

Jason in Enid said:
Yes but does it 'I.D.' at depth as good as the Etrac/Explorer or CTX?

I doubt it. Its no where near the price.
As for depth I have not had in beach modes that much depth. But my beaches are very trashy and irony.
Not been on land with it yet so no idea of other modes.

Whatever the capability of the Nox . My ET won't be replaced by anything other than a ET replacement , and the CTX is not it.6

Used the E-trac from release until replaced with the release of the CTX. After swinging it I had no reason to go back to the E-Trac arm trainer. After 50 hours on the EQX, I'm not seeing myself going back to the CTX. Every bit as deep as the CTX, lighter, faster and more responsive to small gold.

Although i want a reasonable depth i am not looking for silly depth . The Nox to me is a Multi Freq Terra and works alongside my 705 . My ET or Explorer 11 are multi mission machines and work everywhere i go unlike the other 2 .
My local beaches i go on are hopeless for trash and Iron and EMI and play havoc with the Nox so its restricted on those beaches . But others ? probably not . The Terra works better than the Nox there and my finds yesterday and 2 days ago show it , the Nox would look like a Tandy machine there . Sorry Gordon H if you read this but it would be . I do however want to get out somewhere else at some point then i will see what it can really do.

ET an arm trainer ! The CTX is an arm killer , and shoulder , and back and .... :D

I never thought the Etrac was that bad to swing and I have shoulder issues? But I mostly use the Sunray X-8 Coil. Also I use to swing a Nautilus on a s-rod. Compared to that all Detectors are light.

Harold said:
I never thought the Etrac was that bad to swing and I have shoulder issues? But I mostly use the Sunray X-8 Coil. Also I use to swing a Nautilus on a s-rod. Compared to that all Detectors are light.

Here in the UK a long while ago there was a man or is ? that made Saxon machines . He made one the Saxon X1 , i think swinging that would be like a Heavy Goods Vehicle by its rear bumper .

His site is still on the net , wonder if he still makes them ? Probably not. I saw a Nautilus once , then looked away LOL

Nuke em said:

Here in the UK a long while ago there was a man or is ? that made Saxon machines . He made one the Saxon X1 , i think swinging that would be like a Heavy Goods Vehicle by its rear bumper .

His site is still on the net , wonder if he still makes them ? Probably not. I saw a Nautilus once , then looked away LOL

I have the Saxon XI. and can say it is by far the heaviest detector I have ever swung. I also use the Nautilus and have models on the s-rod and the whites stem, on the Whites stem it is really well balanced but the s-rod is a pain, but light in comparison to the Saxon XI....

filternozzle said:

I have the Saxon XI. and can say it is by far the heaviest detector I have ever swung. I also use the Nautilus and have models on the s-rod and the whites, on the Whites stem it is really well balanced but the s-rod is a pain, but light in comparison to the Saxon XI....

I think you have to be built like a Saxon to use one.

Jason in Enid said:
It seems I have been having depth issues with my 800 lately. When I first got it Park 2 multi 5 tone the rest default I had no problem with 8-10 in. coins I had missed with other detectors....... Mark

Have you tried cross-checking targets with different modes and selections? I'm trying to figure out if your problem is only affecting P2.

My P2 has been useless because it seems to getting iron targets non-stop, everywhere. No problems with any other modes.

yes Park 1 and field 2. Park 2 seems to be the worst. Thing is when I first strted Park 2 was all I used and was amazed at how deep and accurate the TID was. Depth meter was always suspect. Something ain't right. I have had good luck with coins on edge in Park 1 15k, but nothing too deep. The guy I hunted with on Sat. was anxious to see the 800 in action but clearly the Etrac won the day as I couldn't even get an already marked target at 6 0r 7 ins. Any ideas Mark

Went back out yesterday and ran some test ground balanced 60 redish dirt.8"quarter hits 3 out of 6 swings in most modes at hunting swing although I could turn certain ways and get it pretty good only at recovery 3,4 btw turn it up to 5 and all but gone,zinc penny at 7" barely a squeak every now and then.i cycled modes,noise canceled,GB every time btw maybe should a write it all down so I could give details but I didn't!point is I'm not getting any huge depth but mmk did worse to be fair to our noxes;) and that's for sure even in deep gain maxed it would peep only here and there and by that I mean maybe once every 6,7 right swings.its hard not to think some noxes may be better than mine but I'm sure I'm just a paranoid madman who overthinks everything! Bahahaha the nox isn't going anywhere and its probly just mineralization affecting my depth.I have done many nail test and she is a beat all I have touched at nail test kinda machine.its hard to argue the side by side comparisons with the etrac but until the day comes that mine won't hit something marked by another detector I'm gonna try my best to stop thinking about depth! Btw if anyone is wondering the mmk fors really good on nail test not as good as the nox but 9 outta 10 close and that's the truth and coming from a at pro the tones are better to me just my imo on the tones.good luck everyone and enjoy

Here are the results of my depth air tests for beach mode

adamBomb said:

I dont understand the n/a in some of the air test readings. Did you not test it, or was it not readable at that setting?

Jason in Enid said:

I dont understand the n/a in some of the air test readings. Did you not test it, or was it not readable at that setting?

Didnt test it.