Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Design - Did they get it right?

D&P-OR said:
Is this an actual fact that the Equinox has Minelabs 3 yr. transferable warranty?-----I asked this question to a couple of my dealers & even they didn't know yet.
Nuke em said:
bugg said:
that should help keep the water out of the control box.

Its waterproof and has a 3 year warranty.

Of course it will be . The CTX is waterproof and has 3 year warranty and all other Minelabs except for the Excalibur have 3 years . Heard that it will be too. It wont sell without one.
Pity they dont do 5 years like XP , that would finish XP if this machine is faster like they say. Not that is what i want of XP but it wont alf stuff them a bit.

Well------Not ALL Minelabs have the three yr. warranty.----In addition or the Excalibur, both the recently released GM 1000 and the Go Finds are 2 yr.------I do hope you are right though in what you "heard" about the 3 yr. on the Equinox---I have one on order.
Nuke em said:
D&P-OR said:
Is this an actual fact that the Equinox has Minelabs 3 yr. transferable warranty?-----I asked this question to a couple of my dealers & even they didn't know yet.
Nuke em said:
bugg said:

Of course it will be . The CTX is waterproof and has 3 year warranty and all other Minelabs except for the Excalibur have 3 years . Heard that it will be too. It wont sell without one.
Pity they dont do 5 years like XP , that would finish XP if this machine is faster like they say. Not that is what i want of XP but it wont alf stuff them a bit.

D&P-OR said:
Well------Not ALL Minelabs have the three yr. warranty.----In addition or the Excalibur, both the recently released GM 1000 and the Go Finds are 2 yr.------I do hope you are right though in what you "heard" about the 3 yr. on the Equinox---I have one on order.
Nuke em said:
D&P-OR said:
Nuke em said:
bugg said:

No doubt it will have 3 years . Its a Terra replacement , that has 3 years too . definitely 3 years . Minelab would not release a what i think a new potential top seller with less than 3 years .

I will call a dealer about it tomorrow but i am sure its 3 years.

Ok, thanks.
Nuke em said:
D&P-OR said:
Nuke em said:
D&P-OR said:
Nuke em said:
bugg said:

No doubt it will have 3 years . Its a Terra replacement , that has 3 years too . definitely 3 years . Minelab would not release a what i think a new potential top seller with less than 3 years .

I will call a dealer about it tomorrow but i am sure its 3 years.

Nuke Um:

Have you heard of the MANTA ? Some bad ass video's out there from this (French engineer I believe) that supposedly has gone to work for First Texas. Don't rule out a new PI
with discrimination. Just sayin.

\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke Um:

Have you heard of the MANTA ? Some bad ass video's out there from this (French engineer I believe) that supposedly has gone to work for First Texas. Don't rule out a new PI

No . No idea. But i think i will stay with Minelab , its what i know. Never got the hang of Fisher or most others actually.

\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke Um:

I think everybody has been waiting and waiting and waiting for SOMETHING to come out of FTP. People in the know have alluded to something groundbreaking coming from that direction, but in the meanwhile spring comes and goes, another year goes by, other companies bring out new products, people come and go from the detecting world, used detectors get sold and passed around and so forth.

The detecting world around us isn't going to stop and wait for FTP to come out with their new machine. When, and if, this new machine actually hits the ground, people will do just what they're doing now with the introduction of the Equinox. The forums will light up, videos will show up on U-Tube, debates will ensue, detectorists will try and figure out how to add the new latest/greatest to their current arsenal of detectors. Do they add a detector or sell some in order to make room? Others will wait for PROOF that it actually works and is coming off the manufacturing line as a quality product.

If FTP makes an introduction of this new detector between now and when the Equinox hits the street, they may draw the attention of those looking at the Equinox similar to what we've seen with the Equinox drawing the attention of those looking at the Garrett AT Max and XP Deus. Savy marketing move some say.

Meanwhile, the seasons move on and hopefully all of us are finding time to do some research and get out in the field for some detecting adventures.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
I think everybody has been waiting and waiting and waiting for SOMETHING to come out of FTP. People in the know have alluded to something groundbreaking coming from that direction, but in the meanwhile spring comes and goes, another year goes by, other companies bring out new products, people come and go from the detecting world, used detectors get sold and passed around and so forth.

Rich -

For a moment I thought you were talking about Tesoro :crylol:

Nuke Um, Rich & Jason:

I would like to hear your response to the following video. Google

AQUAMANTA A1 TESTS HARDELOT

CLICK ON THE YOU TUBE VIDEO

This is a PI detector invented by Alexandre Tartar a French physicist hired this year by First Texas on their engineering team.
This is a re-engineered Aquastar 5 I believe. I know he has played around with lots of Eric's PI detectors.

Rich-----You couldn't have said all that better!!:thumbup: I agree 1000%.:)~
Rich (Utah) said:
\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke Um:

The detecting world around us isn't going to stop and wait for FTP to come out with their new machine. When, and if, this new machine actually hits the ground, people will do just what they're doing now with the introduction of the Equinox. The forums will light up, videos will show up on U-Tube, debates will ensue, detectorists will try and figure out how to add the new latest/greatest to their current arsenal of detectors. Do they add a detector or sell some in order to make room? Others will wait for PROOF that it actually works and is coming off the manufacturing line as a quality product.

If FTP makes an introduction of this new detector between now and when the Equinox hits the street, they may draw the attention of those looking at the Equinox similar to what we've seen with the Equinox drawing the attention of those looking at the Garrett AT Max and XP Deus. Savy marketing move some say.

Meanwhile, the seasons move on and hopefully all of us are finding time to do some research and get out in the field for some detecting adventures.

Rich -

\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke Um, Rich & Jason:

I would like to hear your response to the following video. Google

AQUAMANTA A1 TESTS HARDELOT

CLICK ON THE YOU TUBE VIDEO

This is a PI detector invented by Alexandre Tartar a French physicist hired this year by First Texas on their engineering team.
This is a re-engineered Aquastar 5 I believe. I know he has played around with lots of Eric's PI detectors.

OK, first, there no video of THAT title. the closest video to it is "Aquamanta A1 prototype" by user tartar alexandre.
Second, his video doesnt show anything new or unique in the PI detection of ferrous and non-ferrous. Ferrous targets have always given double-beeps with the PIs I have used. I saw no evidence of PI discrimination there.
Third, Just like a VLF detector, air and soil tests have no correlation. PIs cant be universally tuned. The optimal pulse length and and signal decay sampling has to change for dry sand vs wet sand vs shallow saltwater vs deep saltwater. Sadly, those changes also affect what is detected best. You can tune a PI to be awesome on gold in the dry sand, but that same setup will be useless on a deep dive. A deep-dive setting is best for ferrous targets so you wouldnt want it for beach detecting. This is why people don't use the JW pulse detectors for beach detecting. Wrong tool, wrong place

Jason, Sorry you can't find it. Shows up every time for me. When I google, AQUAMANTA A1 TESTS HARDELOT- you tube.

I will try to find a link. The video you saw is not it.

Carolina

David di wrong video. Enderman found it. Try his link Jason.

\"Carolina\" said:
David di wrong video. Enderman found it. Try his link Jason.

Ah, theres the problem. Its an unlisted video. Watching it in a minute...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. A waterproof design is all it lacks. First Texas would not be able to keep up with the demand! Now that's a salt water machine Just hope no trickery was envolved.

Hardelot is the name of the beach in France where the testing was video’d. Checkmit out on Google Maps. The 360 degree view is neat. If you look at that, you will see , in the bend of the creek, a couple of guys doing what might be metal detecting!

File%20Sep%2026%2C%206%2000%2056%20AM.jpeg

First Texas was impressed enough with the Manta and Alexandre’s team that they bought the rights and hired Alexandre - he is now a First Texas employee, so I think we can discount trickery being involved.

The design is now the basis of an ongoing development program with the goal of introducing a dedicated beach machine with capabilities which no previous beach PI has displayed - including an effective form of Iron identification.

Development programs are challenging things and it’s a long way from a prototype to a ready-to-market. What will emerge and when? We will have to wait and see.

I screwed up the image post - now I think I figured it out... Hardelot beach - via Google Maps 360 view

File%20Sep%2026%2C%206%2000%2056%20AM.jpeg

Lots of work ahead at Fisher and there are always bumps in the road, but I’m optimistic.