Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX Hard Carrying Case

budster

What, if anything, are you using for transporting the NOX? I have seen a couple pictures of modified bow cases. Any thoughts?

I just put in the back seat floorboard.

I agree, the floorboard is good for day trips, but we are planning a Kentucky/Canada/Washington trip and I think I need something a little more protective.

budster said:
I agree, the floorboard is good for day trips, but we are planning a Kentucky/Canada/Washington trip and I think I need something a little more protective.

Driving or flying?

I saw someone make one on another detecting website. The person used a old hard case suitcase and was able to pack it in this with a few foam inserts. I think he even posted the break down measurements by component. Looked like a tight but reasonable fit. I have thought of doing this but I want to try to use it as a carry-on. The batteries would need to be on a carry-on anyway if you need to travel by plane. I currently use an old Garrett padded carry bag which has more than enough room if stem disassembled. I wish Minelab would see a market for a hard case and make one like XP did/does for the Deus.

I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Jason in Enid said:

Driving or flying?

Driving. 3-4 weeks.

Try looking at gun or bow and arrow hard side cases. One that has been discontinued is the Gardforce by Vanguard hard case . Outback series 52C. The size is 31-1/2 X 13-1/4 X 5-3/8. This should give you a starting point, but be prepared this case sold for about $250. I am sure there are cheaper ones available.
In the car...
For about $80 Plano 114400 Parallel Limb Bow Case should fit your needs nicely. You cut the foam to fit the detector, extra foam pad are available from Plano. A CTX-3030 fits well inside with room for headphones, charger and even a digging tool. Dimensions: L=44in. x W=19in. x H=7in.
Banjo and guitar cases have also been successfully modified for detectors.

For about $80 Plano 114400 Parallel Limb Bow Case should fit your needs nicely

This is exactly what I use. Its awesome. You can also use a guitar case.