Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox/multi kruzer/ Dues/Calabash Digger for you.

RANDY CONNELL

Hey Calabash Digger when you have time.would you do a test between these 3 detectors please sir. MULTI KRUZER. EQUINOX.XP DUES. I myself am a relic hunter in thick iron I have the multi kruzer, I enjoy reading your results.i also water hunt gold is a I am after in the water.

Somebody send me one.. you guys act like money is free..... BTW I will pay shipping both ways.

Yeah I would like to test one but on a serious note I cant afford to buy all the different models to do so. Let me know if someone wants to ship me one.

Hey Calabash, you do a great job making all the comparison tests and videos of the different make and model detectors. Not only do the detectors cost money, but your time, same as everyone else's time is valuable. Your time, effort, and knowledge in the metal detecting field and hobby is appreciated. I have been watching a lot of your videos on the new Equinox and I am pretty impressed as to what I have seen thus far. I do have a question though, and I would value your opinion on this. I like many others am an old school detectorist. I am used to the regular batteries used in detectors. I presently use the White MXT PRO that uses like most 8 AA batteries. What is your thought on the new Minelab Equinox being powered by the internal Lithium rechargeable battery? I haven't heard too much discussion concerning this. I read I believe if I'm right that Minelab suggests having this battery replaced every two years? This is to be done by a Certified Minelab repairman. My question would be what the cost of this would be to have replaced and how much down time you would have to have this done. I guess time will tell. I'm still waiting to see how this plays out as I know it is new technology in the early stages. I can't complain at all about the battery life in my MXT. I can easily get 40 hours out of a set of batteries. The battery power issue is one that sort of concerns me. Thanks again for all the effort you put into sharing your knowledge with others. You sir are a Detectorist Outstanding in your field.......Literally. Lol:please::usaflag:

Thanks, I get plenty of hate mail for the comparision videos. :wiggle: As for rechargeable batteries in detectors its a big plus for me. I like how you can just charge it up like a cell phone. Really no big deal. I wouldn't want a detector with regular batteries after using the deus and equinox. I know some using the deus have had batteries for 5 yrs and their still going. Will have to wait and see how long it last on the nox. I hunt a lot so if it last for a few years and cost 50 bucks to replace , I would have spent that anyways on aa batteries. Dont know what it will cost with the Nox though.

Thanks for your reply concerning this. I don't have any idea what the cost would be to replace the battery in the Equinox, but feel it would most likely be a good bit more than $ 50.00. As far as hate mail, folks need to just stop, take a deep breath, and pull up their big boy and girl britches.

Might not be .... The Deus is around 50.00 bucks to replace.

Lithium (or something similar yet to come) is the future of the power source for detecting simply because of the performance and weight issues demanded by detectorists today. The real issue will be whether they are built in like the Deus/Equinox or accessible like the CTX/Etrac or RNB units. The Deus batteries require real disassembly of the components to replace including cutting the bottom out of the LF coils. Shipping and handling and 50 bucks on a 3 component WS4/5 unit is probably going to run you $170 altogether. 4 years into my Deus' lifespan the batteries were good for 2/3 hours before the warning symbols began flashing , who knows on the Equinox? Top level lithiums seem to have about 1000 cycle lifespans , so you can do the math.

The next thing to consider is availability and the key element in that consideration is not the battery itself but the connector each manufacturer uses. Without the correct connector on the battery it is useless unless you are going to cut the connector off of the old ones and want to solder it on a new battery or if you can buy them pre-assembled. With the Deus it is not so simple to find or inexpensive. Again we have no idea , yet , what the "correct" battery/connector combination for the Minelab will be or if they have designed it so only they will be able to do it.