Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox vs 3D

The 3D thing...exactly what are you referring to?

Here's a thought, if you are referring to those expensive in the thousands of dollars 3D units vs regular detectors and you are looking for single targets like one coin then I would say regular.
Not even sure what the resolution would be on one coin at 8-9-10 inches on the 3D, searching through trash and junk would be fun I bet.

Lots of differences between the two. Main difference is the CZ runs dual frequency all the time. The Nox can run Multi or single.

Some of those are personal preference. Concentric coils vs DD. Manual vs Auto GB. Headphones into the jack vs wireless. 4 tones vs several different options. Non-water proof vs water proof.

As far as performance, in my opinion the 3D would be better for deep silver. But don't run in in enhanced mode in modern areas unless you want some tabs and odd shaped aluminum to ring in as a high tone. The Nox is better on lower conductors. Also better in iron.

Very hard to give an answer as both units perform very well.

CZ3D can be labled more of a specialty unit when running in enhanced mode looking for older coins in older areas compared to a Nox. Nox is more an all around unit at this point in the evolution of detectors.

chuck said:
He's probably referring to the Fisher CZ 3-D.

Thank you...brain fart.

I love my 3Ds. I have 2, a belt mounted and a shaft mounted one with 10.5, 8 and hockey puck coils. But they haven't seen daylight since I got the Equinox (I have all 3 coils for that too). The newest multi-freqs are just so evolved- easy to use and effective as can be.

My little bit of experience with the CZs and just reading and watching You Tube about the NOX. The NOX would outclass the CZ on land not even close. On a salt water beach the CZ3D would perform on par or better than the NOX. The water is NA for the CZ3D and the NOX is a shallow underwater detector. On the other hand the CZ20 would be a real diving detector and the NOX compared to a CZ20 or CZ21 would be a wader.

I have to say that the cz is a killer machine for old coins and I regret selling mine, it found me 5 pieces of gold in a park in a single day that a mxt had missed.

Cz are a heck of machine, theres a folk that wants to make them look bad on youtube vs a nox but the video for me is just to give them a bad rep, the cz3d has its place forever in my arsenal, the ground balance is set to 3 and he claims his dirt is neutral, they can ignore nails like no other machine with a 5 inch coil in montes board

The main benefit I see between the two is the weight and balance and the screen size of the Equinox. I like the features of the new unit and the rod design and all but that CZ unit is a good unit.