Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Wireless Transmitter

The EQ 600 has a APTX low latency bluetooth transmitter (not regular APTX), same as the EQ 800. Make sure any bluetooth headphones you purchase are both APTX and low latency.

The APTX low latency system works quite well. It is not compatible with Garret's proprietary receiver. Of course, if you have the complete Z-Lynk system (transmitter and receiver), you could plug the Garret transmitter into the headphone jack on the Equinox.

Ah, but only if the Garrett and Equinox audio jacks were the same...............I would not have a problem in the world.

WaterWalker said:
Ah, but only if the Garrett and Equinox audio jacks were the same...............I would not have a problem in the world.

Sounds like you probably need a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. Irritating when companies don't include these with their kits.

I'm still on the fence weather to purchase the Equinox 600. If make an adapter cable to go from 1/4 female to 3.5mm male and attach my Garrett transmitter to the Equinox will one transmitter interfere with the other? Is the headphone jack on the Equinox a standard 3.5 mm size? Thanks for the information, Bill

Here is the Minelab 1/8 to 1/4 adapter Minelab Equinox Part No. 3011-0369. No availability information yet.

Lots of 1/4 to 1/8 adapters on Amazon that will work just fine. If you don't mind waiting and your budget allows, I'd probably say go for the 800. I got the 600 mainly for immediate gratification and because I couldn't see that the 800 offered any additional feature that I'd need. So far, I'm fine with the 600. But, I may run into something yet...

Adapters offered by others right now are now waterproof. If you find one, please post.

above post should read: Adapters offered by others right now are [size=x-large]NOT[/size] waterproof. If you find one [size=large]that is[/size], please post.

{too late to edit above}