Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eqx getting started guide

pghmole

I was bored while recovering from surgery and looking for any info on the eqx and came across this
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-800?view=downloads

My apologies if this is old news

Hey mole, wishing you a speedy recovery, hope it wasn't nothin too serious. Where abouts you at in Pgh. ? Mark

markinswpa said:
Hey mole, wishing you a speedy recovery, hope it wasn't nothin too serious. Where abouts you at in Pgh. ? Mark
Thank you sir,getting better every day! Nothing too major i wrecked my 93'Cobra street racing (lesson learned and only do it on the drag strip now)a while ago and damaged my teeth and procrastinated on getting it fixed..so had to get most of them extracted.no fun at all.. I'm originally from Baldwin but live in Finleyville now about 20 minutes South of Pittsburgh.

ouch ! That hada hurt. Hope things work out. I'm in Brentwood over by 51. If these machines ever materialize maybe meet up and do some comparisons. Have you been reading the posts here, I'm sure you have,I can't believe all the pettiness and squabbling this machine has caused. My only thought is Minelab could have been more forthcoming with updates and where they are at as far as production and release. Hope your feeling better Mark.

Thanks Mark! im sure ill be back to 100 percent soon and hopefully Minelab gets this machine out ASAP! Yeah I think they have overplayed this one but with the time if year and weather I can contain myself a little easier than some of the people on here for sure.I will probably put it through it's paces as soon as I get it and will be out 8 or more hours every day to see what it's capable of and what it can see that my other machines have missed.Hey I think we might know some of the same people,do you know a guy that has one leg named Jimmy he drives an aqua colored old ford? (He is one of my best friends) the reason I'm asking is I asked Jimmy to ask another guy from the neighborhood i know named Giuseppe if I could hunt his house on Willet rd and he told me a guy by the same name as you just beat me to it a day or two before I asked last year.was just curious.Sure id be willing to meet up for a hunt to let you know how it's going with it and you can give the eqx a try if you want.ill send you my contact info in a private message, Rich

pghmole said:
Thanks Mark! im sure ill be back to 100 percent soon and hopefully Minelab gets this machine out ASAP! Yeah I think they have overplayed this one but with the time if year and weather I can contain myself a little easier than some of the people on here for sure.I will probably put it through it's paces as soon as I get it and will be out 8 or more hours every day to see what it's capable of and what it can see that my other machines have missed.Hey I think we might know some of the same people,do you know a guy that has one leg named Jimmy he drives an aqua colored old ford? (He is one of my best friends) the reason I'm asking is I asked Jimmy to ask another guy from the neighborhood i know named Giuseppe if I could hunt his house on Willet rd and he told me a guy by the same name as you just beat me to it a day or two before I asked last year.was just curious.Sure id be willing to meet up for a hunt to let you know how it's going with it and you can give the eqx a try if you want.ill send you my contact info in a private message, Rich[/quo Rich, I did meet your buddy, he said he had a friend who was big into md'ing, he told me--this guys good, only digs good targets- I thought this must be the guy that picked Elmleaf park before me cause all I found was pulltabs and used condoms laying around everywhere. lol. I just saw Giusep, his mom passed, I have been friends a long time with them. Back in day I used to drink with the old man. Anyway going back there with the Equinox is on my list, if your up for it ? So far I got 1 Barber dime, 1IH a Merc a Gw and a ton of wheaties from the place. Also a really cool token and a 1845 LC. There is more there for sure. New to this site so not sure how to Pm but ya sounds like a plan. Mark.

[/quo Rich, I did meet your buddy, he said he had a friend who was big into md'ing, he told me--this guys good, only digs good targets- I thought this must be the guy that picked Elmleaf park before me cause all I found was pulltabs and used condoms laying around everywhere. lol. I just saw Giusep, his mom passed, I have been friends a long time with them. Back in day I used to drink with the old man. Anyway going back there with the Equinox is on my list, if your up for it ? So far I got 1 Barber dime, 1IH a Merc a Gw and a ton of wheaties from the place. Also a really cool token and a 1845 LC. There is more there for sure. New to this site so not sure how to Pm but ya sounds like a plan. Mark.[/quote]

It's a small world lol.yeah I'm sad about losing Ms.Rullo she was a very nice lady and I knew her from the time I was born and the old man also.My parents were good friends with them both. Joe was an awsome guy for sure we always used to talk about guns and hunting,I miss him also. I grew up 3 doors away from the Half time .You might know my dad also ,Rich Winter he was a partner in Liotus and Winter auto body on Prospect Rd.I hunted Elmleaf a few times but not too hard,I found a bunch of wheaties and 3 silvers but I'm pretty sure someone else pounded that spot pretty hard in the past. Sure I'm game to hit any spot any time man! And thanks for the invite! I have some spots we can hit also. I love the hobby and hunt as much as possible. I figured there would be some goodies in that yard and glad to hear you did well there.i didn't think that yard was old enough to have Large cents in it, thats awesome! I tried to send you a private message but I think you have to have so many posts on here before it is available for use. My number is 412 480 3056 give me a call anytime!,Rich

I remember Rich, Wasn't he partners in the bar for a while before he started the body shop. Then I know you remember the wild game dinners. I'll give you a holler. . It'll good to talk to somebody that doesn't think I'm crazy when I start talking about md'n.

markinswpa said:
I remember Rich, Wasn't he partners in the bar for a while before he started the body shop. Then I know you remember the wild game dinners. I'll give you a holler. . It'll good to talk to somebody that doesn't think I'm crazy when I start talking about md'n.
I know my dad worked there for a time in the late 70s or early 80s not sure if he was a partner or not.oh yeah I remember the wild game dinners! I always was there for that! That's what got me into hunting.i hear ya most people think were nuts for for detecting. I've had people in the park even try to give me money like I was homeless or broke lol i liked the look on their face when i told them how much i paid for the equipment I was using! Im always ready to talk digging! Looking forward to speaking with you. Rich