Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ergonomic Accessories are more important than we think

pulltabfelix

I was hunting with an Equinox 800, 31" Lesche digging tool, no earphones or wired earphones and the stock 800 wobbly shaft and stock 11" coil, or 6" coil or 15" coil with swing harness.

Of course we all pay attention to our detector but a lot of things can be improved.

Replace my wobbly shaft with Steve's Detector Rods carbon fiber. Nice and tight and ligheter.
bough a coilek 10 x 5" coil lighter than the stock 800 11 inch coil and still pretty good depth and swing coverage.
made a lighter easier to use shovel out of two shovels. One with 37" length but too big of a shovel head. Bought another shorter shove with a 5.5" wide shovel head, removed it and replaced it on the 37" wooden shove. Now it is lighter than the heavy Lesche digging tool and long enough so I can easily dig holes with my left hand with no need to put down my detector. No need for my swing harness any more.

The bottom line is I now rarely tire out hunt like I usually did. Carrying extra weight and lots of bending, kneeling type digging has been eliminated. Wireless earphones means I don't get tangled in a cord any more tethered to my 800.