Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eric...what's your experience on beach sand-levels of late, in the UK....matt

metalpopper

Locally, here on the mid-west coast of England, things are grim.

Excess sand everywhere; new groins have made things worse.

Hope the southern beaches are fairing better.....best regards...matt

p.s. Eric, being a 'beach-bum' (ha-ha!) pulse-man; have you got a ctx3030 or equitable minelab?

Surely you must look with great interest on how technology has allowed for more sophistication, (software and processors) to be applied to the PI art.

We reach for out-space and galaxies beyond....yet that gold ring 20 inches down is still safe from the 11 inch coil.

12 inches is reasonable.....I'll leave the deeper ones to you.

My mate Danny. North Wales has your modified PI.... 14 inch rings...yes... I leave for him.

I have a couple of your older PI's.....must replace the battery packs.

I'm in Bridport and the local beaches are not much good. West Bay is the nearest with deep coarse sand at the moment. Not that I am doing much beach hunting anyway as most of my time is spent doing the technical stuff on detectors.

Yes, I am interested in the use of software and digital signal processors and have a fabulous PI detector, using these techniques, for beach use, which with a 12in coil will find rings at 14 inches, and more. The whole detector is fully submersible up to 6 ft, limited by the water pressure depressing the tactile switches. It also has superb ground balance with no noticeable loss in performance and it easily handles the ground in both the Victorian and West Australia goldfields. Gold nuggets down to 0.3gm are detectable.

What is this detector called? No snazzy name yet but Valex comes to mind, as it is none other than an ex-military Vallon VMH3CS mine detector which I refurbished and with a few modifications, a 12in and 15in coil being part of the changes plus a 1in probe can be used it needed. It runs happily on 3.7V, so one version (belt mounted) has two Li-ion 2400mAh cells in parallel that will will give over 10 hours operation.

One downside is that coils have to be specially made. No aftermarket coils that are currently available will work on this detector.

I would be interested to know what modified PI of mine that Danny has, and that gives 14in on a ring.

Eric.

16" on a ring - 18 minutes into the test - at 19 minutes they detect the ring while rejecting iron - ignore the French, what they are doing is obvious.

This is the work of Alexandre Tartar in France - he was recently hired by Fisher (First Texas). The demo machine is a prototype - what Fisher will make of this platform is anybody's guess.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

Hi Eric and everybody,

as many others, I would like to compare the performance of the modified Vallon VMH3CS, but not sure if just taking a ring of any size/composition would give me a comparable result.

IMHO, it would be helpful for the detectorist community to have a reproducible way of comparing MD-sensitivity over different parts of the world, using widely available/comparable targets like circulating coins and airgun pellets.

For that reason I am asking you please (and everybody having detectors of different brands) to check the maximum detection distance (air test) for 10 pence UK-coin (2011 and before) or a comparable coin (see below) and also for air gun pellet (0.177cal or 0.22cal)?

My reason for the first is to have a non-Fe coin, close in size and weight to coins, available in other parts of the world like:
5 cent (USA-Nickel) 21.21 mm 5 g 75%Cu – 25%Ni
10 €-cent 19.75mm 4.10g 89%Cu – 5%Al – 5%Zn – 1%Sn
10 pence coin (UK) 24.5mm 6.8g 2011 and before: 75%Cu – 25%Ni
10 cents (Australia) 23.6mm 5.65g 75%Cu – 25%Ni

The reason for asking the air-gun-pellet–test is my assumption, it will compare well to small nuggets while being well reproducible.
Any conditions like salt water and specific soils, although important, would be difficult to reproduce.

Your comments on the reasoning in my question are welcome.

Chears
Walter