Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

erratic behavior???

balenim

When I use my stock 8" coil on my SE it will suddenly start running through tones and numbers (in digital) like a slot machine. This will happen suddenly after hitting a target. It doesn't seem to matter what type target and it won't quit even when I hold the coil up in the air. It will eventually go away but then it always happens again. I had to change to another coil the other day because it got so bad. The 5" coil has yet to do this. I know it sounds like an easy answer that the problem is obviously the coil but is it really that obvious? Any of you guys had this problem and it turned out to be the processor or other wiring?

Thanks!

baleniM

Sounds weird. I would run it by Sandy at Minelab and see what she has to say about it. Hope you get it fixed!

Sure sounds like it's the coil.

I was having weird erratic behavior w/ my SE last night. It would be stable in the air but the minute I'd put it on the ground--even without moving it--it would act like it was possessed by R2D2. Semi-auto would sometimes quiet it down but not always. Manual was pretty bad too, even run down to 14 or so. And this is in an area where I can run my Sov wide-open. Not sure if the SE is affected by different frequencies than the Sov or if there's something else going on. Guess I'll find out.

I've had the same problem with my 8" coil and with others from time to time. On one occasion, it was in wet grass and when I moved to dry grass it went away. My solution is to turn off the machine and start again. That works most of the time. I have no clue as to why.

[quote BlackX]Sure sounds like it's the coil.

I was having weird erratic behavior w/ my SE last night. It would be stable in the air but the minute I'd put it on the ground--even without moving it--it would act like it was possessed by R2D2. Semi-auto would sometimes quiet it down but not always. Manual was pretty bad too, even run down to 14 or so. And this is in an area where I can run my Sov wide-open. Not sure if the SE is affected by different frequencies than the Sov or if there's something else going on. Guess I'll find out.[/quote] i have only had mine act up when there was a buried electric dog fence in the area..:shrug: other than that im not sure what to tell you

Thanks to you guys for your help. The moisture or wetness of the grass doesn't make a difference neither does the air temp. How do I get in touch with Sandy at Minelab? How do you get an "open wire" in a coil?

Thanks again.

baleniM

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/page.php?section=127 send an email and leave your phone number she will usually call or you can call 1-702-891-8809
ask for Sandy she will definitley help you....