Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETP And The 5x10 Coil

morelic55

Anyone using this combo? Thoughts? I just traded for one and it's been too dry & hot to get out and test it................Mark

I have it , and can tell ya it's a great coil for it, very good separation , good for relic hunting in the thick brush, you have three points to PP at, toe, heal, med, you'll like it a lot

How do you PP in the heel and tow?

No, it is a DD coil, I just center the target in the middle, worked great on the GB and the G2............:thumbup:

Hightone said:
I thought the 5X10 was a concentric, sweet spot in the center
How do you PP in the heel and tow?
I agree with 'morelic55' that the Euro-Tek Pro, while being an okay Coin Hunting model, is maybe more appealing the a Relic Hunter. Personally I would prefer the nice dual-conductivity Volume adjustment for Iron and Non-Iron to be on a model with an adjustable Ground Balance control, and I also wish the Euro-Tek Pro had more breakdown of fine tuning in the Iron Disc. range like the Omega at the same operating frequency.

I liked the round 8" Concentric and 5" Double-D on the two I had much more than the 11" BiAxial (Double-D) coil, but for many applications I think the 5X10 is a more useful search coil. I know it worked okay on my Omega and G2 before, and I played with the 5X10 again recently in doing an evaluation of the Fisher F19.

No, the 5X10 is not Concentric wound, it is a Double-D configuration and works quite well. Like ALL Double-D and Concentric coils, the pinpointing will be achieved at the center axis of the search coil where you have the most intense part of the field and the better depth of detection. Forget the toe and heel tinkering as the best pinpointing capability is center axis.

Also, no detector or coil will always seem to pinpoint spot-on with any coil type, if the target is of an odd shape or positioned at an odd angle, such as a round coin, ring or button that is canted. That will pinpoint off to the side a bit, but if laying 'flat-to-the-coil' most will align center axis.

Monte

n/t