Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac + old ghetto park = silver and other goodies

Ohio Digger

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yw7kUhY4I

I was cleaning up files on my computer and came across another hunt from this past fall. It was in an area of my old park that I had been eyeballing for some time. It's the grassy area behind a parking lot above where an old football field is. I covered about a 40'x20' section. There's still a ton of area left but I was getting kind of nervous and constantly looking over my shoulder. I'll probably hit the area again when things thaw out and will have to go early in the morning. Take a look at the video and please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!

Nice video, the silver looked good in the hole.

Best time I have found to hit the "ghetto parks" (as you referred to them), or, any park in a bad/questionable neighborhood seems to be early on Sunday mornings. The 'party hardy' folks are usually out late on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday mornings. It's, also, a good idea to wear some loose fitting headphones that allow you to hear noises from your surrounding area. I have some full cup Sun Pro's that block out all but the loudest ambient noises, which are great for hunting around traffic or construction, but, NOT in lonely areas with predators......four legged or two!

Stay safe.......

luv ghetto parks. lots of good ole coins to be found cause most people are to scared to detect them. only bad part is the trash

I know what you mean with the trash! Don't do any dirt removal with your hands, even with gloves! I have found live bullets, uncapped syringes, razor blades and other dangerous stuff in the tot lots! I have to admit, I did find one of my best silver rings in one of those parks. Most of the time, the people are quite friendly and just curious about what you are doing. I have had the "stare downs" from groups of gang bangers, but, they have never given me any trouble. I'm too old to compete, especially with a group.........that's why I carry an equalizer. :nono:

hunting with a partner is always good too. i usually go with my dad. plus we both carry sampson t handle shovel...they keep people from giving u any trouble

saltersnatch said:
hunting with a partner is always good too. i usually go with my dad. plus we both carry sampson t handle shovel...they keep people from giving u any trouble

I have to agree, that Sampson would be a bad mammy-jammer in a confrontation!

the nice thing is it ensures a confrontation won't happen, and i don't have to try to be a badass lol