Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac sees through the junk

jeff & Maria

I hunted along the foundation of a 1700's home that I have pounded with the Explorer in all metal and the tiny 5" coil. There is tons of nails and misc garbage pieces along with pea gravel. Never pulled anything good out. I wanted to see the Etrac's ability to see through the junk so I hunted using the 6" excellerator coil in coin pattern, 4 tones, high trash. Sweeping the area was a solid null, to a point I even waved my digger under the coil to make sure it was working. The Etrac let out a nice "round" sound amidst the nulling which read 4-35. This old colonial flat button was about 5 inches deep. Hard to believe the explorer missed such a big target before.

It is totaly amazing how well it does in extreme trash/iron and I think about 75% of my finds are because of that ,Ray.

Hello Jeff & Maria..( The most beautiful sound in a single word....Maria)...that's what the song says.

Hi Jeff. That's the way the E-Trac caught my attention...finding stuff in situations that I though were sterile.

I've just returned after an abortive venture into he local country-side, trying to get permission to hunt.

It's tough...people nowadays are so cautious and reluctant. I guess I can appreciate their attitude in today's anti social society.

Do you think it was my off-the-shoulder leopard skin swimming trunks and knee length high-heeled wellies that put them off ?

Oh well, I tried my best to look nice and friendly.

Better luck next time.

So instead, I'll go and do some definitive testing, in the garden. Lovely afternoon here.

Hope your day is equally sunny.

Watched the news, and saw Mr Bush telling us our money is safe in the bank...despite the looming apocalyptic clouds over head.

Think I'll draw mine out and bury it.........

Mmmmmm?????......Could be just as precarious......now that Minelab have brought out this ravenous E-Trac.....Problems ..Problems..Problems...

Ah well, our wives or girl-friends ( if you have both..) then they will limit your losses....A few more handbags, shoes, dresses.....etc. Keep smiling....Matt