Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac strikes in upstate NY

dreamweaver43

Took the plunge last week with a new Etrac.

Had a trip planned to upstate NY to visit friends and family. Figured a 1940's era "hunted out park" would be a good test for the new machine. I've hunted here once before with my SE, and did well. (But not this good!)

I've got about 5 hrs on the machine, and all I can tell you is the machine comes as advertised!!!!

This weekend I'll run it on some older ground and see what hiding in the shadows......

Brad

You can download my pattern at www.Icandigthemdeeperthanyou.com for $29.99. I'll give you your money back if you don't find a coin at 16 inches the first time out!!!!

Honestly.....

Auto +1
Factory coins
Full sounds

The coins were 5-8 inches down for the most part. The ground in the park is really bad, the machine never got up over 17 too often. The explorer hated the ground here also. (As you can see the White's team failed miserably here) At some times the sens went down as low as 5, and I was still digging coins at 6 inches. A lot of the coins were tight to the trash, several clearly on edge. Some of the deeper coins hit broken sounding, but still good enough to investigate. The conductive number is really accurate, even at depth. The ferrous number moves around on the deeper targets. And now I finally will be able to dig nickels!

Brad
PS. Seems like if it hits 47 conductive down deep.......you're digging silver!!!! And that number sounds so sweet!!!!!

Brad, I'm having the same results at my park. Terrible ground. I get 6" maximum. Mostly 2-4" range. But I agree, the E trac has a seperation thing going for it. It seems unbeatable at that game. And yes, I get real excited (and dig super careful now) with that 46 and up number. Wait till you get a 10-46 or 8-46 number. Those are SWEET!!! HH.