Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac to vx3

jtermz

for you guys that made the switch from etrac to vx3 are you happy you did. I had a prismV and then went to etrac but I keep wondering if I made the right choice

I have an SE as well as my V3i, each have their place.

I had the v3i and switched to the etrac..the etrac is great but i missed my v..i did not use all of the features so i just traded my etrac for a new vx3...you will be happy with it..the biggest flaw i found on the etrac was the screen..imho,the v series has the best display hands down..

I owned an E-trac for many years. Thought it was a great detector. Sold it a few years ago to get into water hunting. Had a chance to use a V3i and after that, I was hooked.

The V3i is way more adjustable than the E-trac. I find it also more stable in many cases. Plus I love the fact that I can hunt with discriminate audio in one ear and all metal in the other. The best of both worlds.

Some folks hate the complexity of the V3i and it does take some learning to use it right. The V3i is just able to adjust to so many different hunting situations that the E-trac just could not handle.
I love the complexity of the V3i because it makes the V3i able to hunt where other machines can not. If it came down to it, between the E-trac and the V3i, I chose the V3i because it is just a better all around machine. I just wish they would make the V3i waterproof. Then it would be almost perfect.

I don't have the etrac but I have the CTX. My preference is definitely my V3i, but as Rob stated the minelab machine has its place.
I think a big factor for me is my familiarity with the V3i.
The CTX is very different from either White's or Garrett's and I struggle with t!he terminology and having to learn two totally different TDI or VDI's.
One other issue is that the CTX can't pinpoint Canadian clad if it is near the surface.( Canadian clad is mostly steel)
I don't normally use the CTX to hunt clad ,but $1&$2 coins are very nice to find.

Hummm . . . I was considering an etrac in addition to my V3i. I was thinking of giving up my TDI SL. Now I don't know . . .

Traded my v3i for CTX. My v3i would not outshoot my m6. Don't get me wrong, v3i is an excellent unit. If they come out with a multi freq unit I am not afraid to hunt in rain and surf, I'm all over it

I have been around the block with different detectors.
Now i'm back to what suits my style. A New White's V3i.
Glad to have one back...
What ever works for you I say use it...:
super:

Hi gldfver !

I too have a V3 and a V3i as part of my collection, and am presently reviving my interest in refining the V3i's capabilities to suit specific tasks.....such as eliminating pull-tabs or crown-caps. The goal being, to reduce the ratio of such trash, to pre-decimal coinage.
A new patch has appeared on a local shore line of sand dunes, and initially, I want to sweep out as much copper, silver coinage as possible. Later I will modify my settings to look for the heavier gold rings that may be there.
Ultimately, I hope to try and tackle the sorting of lower conductivity gold from as many of the various pull-tabs.

What program is your favorite one, based on?

Matt

Me I have owned The Whites V3 since 2009 over here in England.
I have in between those years owned a Minelab SE and the Etrac. and
then the XP Deus from Version 1.1 up to the latest Version of 3.2 software update.
All those are now gone and my trusty Whites V3 upgraded to V3i is still here
with the Stock coil,
My tools are the Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil ,
Detech SEF 12x10inch coil and last week
I purchased the Shooter 4x6inch small coil...
WHY because I simply love the feel of Whites V3
and I have confidence on the field using her.....

Matt view my post below.
Advent from. Sunderland

Advent said:
Me I have owned The Whites V3 since 2009 over here in England.
I have in between those years owned a Minelab SE and the Etrac. and
then the XP Deus from Version 1.1 up to the latest Version of 3.2 software update.
All those are now gone and my trusty Whites V3 upgraded to V3i is still here
with the Stock coil,
My tools are the Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil ,
Detech SEF 12x10inch coil and last week
I purchased the Shooter 4x6inch small coil...
WHY because I simply love the feel of Whites V3
and I have confidence on the field using her.....

Whites Eclipse 10x8inch coil

I've never heard of such a beast from Whites.

I love the vx3 very good depth and like mentioned above it's a very stable detector,, I had the SE pro and I have found that I can run the VX3 with a little more gain with out being unstable in my usual hunting spots..I would like to try a CTX to see how stable they are...

I have a VX3 that I just love. I thought I might be missing out, so I bought an etrac. Ran it for a few months last summer and just hated how dag gone slow the processor was. Display is also awful, to hard to view in direct sunlight. Got rid of it.... Give me my VX3 anyday.

I had the etrac and V3i. I ended up selling the etrac to a buddy. The Etrac was a fine machine, and hot on the deep silver, but after I became more experienced with the V3i, I found it could go even deeper. I tested them head to head, and the V3i did better in my ground. The V3i seems to be much better on small gold as well. The adaptability of the V, and the ability to run it very hot in a single frequency was the clincher for me. The one edge I'd give to the etrac is on the wet salt water sand. I haven't had a lot of time to test the V3i there, so I may get it worked out a bit better next time.

Well I will let you all know as I just made the switch I sold my new ETRAC and got a vX3 coming I just couldn't stand the way it reported finds I am so used to the way White and Garrett do it has that's all I have ever used. The ETRAC is one DEEP machine but I don't dig deep I am a surface hunter coins and jewelry just under the soil etc.
I am way too old to be digging deep for the old stuff
Don

I have owned both machines The Etrac is very nice and balanced better then the Whites machines. But I hated the fact it was so slow...... I had to swing slow and it drove me nutz! I also feel that the whites screen and tones sound better. those flute notes got on my nerves.

Now the Etrac did pull out some deep targets but I hunt for fun and to relax, I found myself fighting the Etrac instead of enjoying the hunt. Hence I sold it and went back to Whites. I am waiting for my vx3 aswe speak right now. I am far from an expert these are just my experience with both machines.

I have owned both and still have the which I don't use as much as my XP since I relic hunt.

The V3i is a hotrod and can be very temperamental if you do not understand what the machine is telling you after adjustment. I find that in the early days I ran it too hot. It's a fantastic discriminator and is very sensitive and deep. You have to put in a lot of time to get really good with it.

The Etrac is a simple machine to run and will find you good stuff with ease. It is not that good in heavy iron because of it's speed.

If I were only after silver coins I would get the Etrac. If not, the V3i will do that and everything else pretty well.