Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac vs whites v3i

george

I want to ask which is best for beach use the etrac or Whites V3i

I looked into the V3i and was put off by the programming necessary, and have heard similar things about the Etrac. As of about 2 months ago I got a used Minelab Safari which I understand is a simplified Etrac and brand new goes for about $1000 as opposed to $1500 for the Etrac. I will say without a doubt I LOVE this machine, plenty of depth and practically sings when over a good target. I now use this detector almost exclusively. The Safari does NOT have the ferrous/ conductive tid the Etrac has but has programs with ferrous/conductive tones. By the way I have pulled 4 silver rings and a silver earring as well as 1 ring that I haven't determined what the metal is yet in the last 5 weeks. These were all beach finds including wet/ dry sand and very shallow water
wading. Like the Etrac and V3i only the coil is waterproof . Worth looking into, especially when it can save a few hundred, you can put towards an extra coil. Just my opinion. Good luck.