Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac

Well the etrac is starting to get heavy even on not so long hunts, may need a change. Looking for lighter weight, faster recovery speed, and as deep if possible. Mostly coin hunt. Any suggestions. Thanks

Deus would be the ideal machine :thumbup:

Depends on the site and the type of trash that you're encountering. For old sites loaded with ferrous trash, I would use my Deus. For older coins at sites containing a lot of modern trash, my Omega gets the nod. Before giving up completely on FBS however, try swinging a CTX. Not a light unit by any means, but much more comfortable to swing than the nose-heavy etrac.

Thanks for all the feedback, seems like that dues keeps coming up. Dont know about that CTX, price for that is a little out there. Friend had the Omega and it was noisy like the F75. I asked this not that long ago but is there any new detecting technology coming out in the near future? Thanks

The E-Trac is light as a feather and weightless, if and only if, you use the proper tool in the toolbox.........called a " Minelab Pro Swing 45 harness. " This thing allows a person to swing all day long nonstop. Check it out !!! I never found without mine.

Fatigue really starts to get to me with the E-Trac too, those 4-6 hour hunts make my arm useless for a couple days after. I think I am going to try a harness one of these days.

The new Etrac is getting lighter every time I use it. Deus is waterproof I believe. That would put it ahead of most detectors. But F75 with the new DST is a killer in the park for coins. But the AT Pro will do pretty good too. I dont think you will be happy with anything now you have used the Etrac, except maybe a CTX.

Have never had the opportunity to swing an Etrac but I do swing a Sovereign GT which is not a light weight. Actually it is heavy and slow but slow fits my style just fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with using some type of harness to take some of the load off your arm. Some days I use the harness and some days I don't. Depends on how I feel on a particular day.

Just curious what coil you have on the Etrac

Most issues are when using the stock coil, have been using the sef 6x8 and it helps. I think i need to adjust the arm cuff for better comfort. Did find a war nickle the other day with the sef,5'' down 13-15 numbers.

cintitomcat said:
Most issues are when using the stock coil, have been using the sef 6x8 and it helps. I think i need to adjust the arm cuff for better comfort. Did find a war nickle the other day with the sef,5'' down 13-15 numbers.

I hate the Stock Coil myself. To me it is not good for anything.

I had a good discussion on one of the Forums about War nickles. A guy disputed the accuracy of the Etrac and a Guy with Multiple Detectors and War Nickles settled the dispute. The result was depending on the Mint Mark a War nickle can hit anywhere from 12-12 to 12-32. I found most of mine hit around 12-14 but I have two that hit 12-30s. In other words dig those Zincs they could be war nickles.

Like you, but a few years ago I switched to XP Deus and have never looked back.

Even as a Octogenarian, I can still swing it for 5 hours without arm acke.

The recovery speed in amazing.:thumbup:Jerry.