Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eureka gold or scorpion.

rexy

Hello everyone. I was looking at both the eureka gold and the scorpion gold stinger, and found out that they both go for the same price on the ebay even though the eureka is twice the price new. The eureka is multi frequency, good for all round detecting, And the scorpion gold stinger has the groundhog technology. Just wondering how they compare. :confused: :shrug:

Happy hunting

But neither is at the top of the list when it comes to nugget hunting. There's a good half dozen better VLF nugget shooters.

Ok. Thanks Steve, great information. Another question. Tesoro gas the tiger shark and the sand shark, both PI detectors, wondering how they do on gold. Good to experiment on.

Ok in low mineral ground but then so is a VLF. The Tesoro PI units have no ground balance and so can't handle hot rocks.

One man's pain is yet anothers pleasure. And with so many new units,new companies and new coils what's a fella going to do?? Whatever works for you in your particuliar area is my answer. It takes many hundreds,if not 1,000s of hours of use to REALLY know all the ins and out of some units so a big time investment is needed. Even simply changing from a concentric coil to a DD changes some units performance expotentially. I keep my ol' faithful 3 for constant use whilst learning the new Notka units,new minelabs,new new new. So great as the market hasn't been this technology hot in many years,a great time to be detecting-John

The Tiger Shark is a VLF detector not a PI. The Sand Shark is the PI.

You are right of course Tom. Thanks for correcting my error. Got confused what with all the Tesoro fishy names.

First came the Stingray VLF, replaced by the Tiger Shark.

And the Piranha PI was replaced by the Sand Shark PI.

The Stingray and Tiger Shark can actually serve as decent VLF nugget detectors. 12.5 kHz ground balancing units.

Thanks, since the tiger shark and stingray are both VLF, how do they compare to the garrett scorpion gold stinger than.

Also, can anyone tell me how the XP deus performs when prospecting.

And how come I don't hear any reviews on the new white's gold detector the White's GMZ.

rexy said:
Thanks, since the tiger shark and stingray are both VLF, how do they compare to the garrett scorpion gold stinger than.

Also, can anyone tell me how the XP deus performs when prospecting.

And how come I don't hear any reviews on the new white's gold detector the White's GMZ.

The Tesoro models you mention are fully submersible, the Stinger is a dry land detector.

The DEUS can be used to find gold by a proficient operator.

I guess you have not bothered to read my review of the GMZ. Can't say why since you were referred to the page already. The GMZ is not new and not very popular so there are few posts about it.