Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Euro Tek update

Joel-Winnipeg

Was hesitant at getting it going as was using the AT PRO on
a recent 3 day hunt.
Had three baseball diamonds and school yard to tackle.
Gridded most of them using the Euro Pro. AT PRO was the backup.
Very light and fast recovery battery good for the long haul.
Total clad for the three days was $28+
Ended getting on top of that one junk ring and an old Belvedere lighter .
Also included were 5 silver quarters oldest 1913 well worn.
In dimes silver there was four the oldest being a 1903.
A big silver 1909 Newfoundland 50 cent.
Most of these were 5 t0 6 inches deep and the detector ID them right.
Pennies were VDI 77 to 84+
Most other coins were 80 to low 90s
All signals were repeatable and loud in the higher tones.
Disc was set at 30 rest factory settings.
Pull tabs mid tones and seems to like foil a lot.VDI 53 to 64
One thing I found was it beep high tone one way on beer caps
and null on other way then I did not dig.
The only time it fooled the detector for beer caps is if they were flat.
I used it again this AM in a big park where they had night movies
and it got me $ 18 in clad.We have the $2 and $1 coins.
I feel bad as I can't get those beer caps anymore..lol..
This Euro pro :teknetics:is a keeper :thumbup:The iron feature works well.
Most of our new coins are steel core no problem picking them up.
Dug most all repeatable good signals.
Sorry no pictures to show.

Nice report Joel. The Euro Pro does sound like a fun detector and good coin shooter. I for one always get envious when I see you guys north of the border dollar amounts per hunt with those $1. and $2. coins of yours. Good hunting. HH jim tn

Thanks jim tn nice little detector for the price.
Never did go to the seeded hunt in ND this year.Other commitments.
If things would work out would like to join you in Minn next spring.

n/t

That would be great if we could hook up. We could meet half way and pillage something around there. I am going to be back up there a little later this month. HH jim tn

Sounds like you had a fun time, Joel.

I like mine, just no time to hunt it.

HH
Mike

Hey Joel
Little confused on your report, maybe it's just the way I read it, example;
Quote:
Very light and fast recovery battery good for the long haul. End of quote!

Am I reading this right you just gridded the areas and used the AT Pro to detect the targets? So the readings are really the AT Pro's is this right?

Sorry for being so dumb, however I have a fresh Euro Tek Pro still in the box and hunt also in Canada. So the readings you gave were for At Pro or Euro Tek that's where I;am confused?

Thanks
A1MTD

I read it that he used the Euro Pro for the hunt and the A T Pro rested some place as a back up if needed. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim I hope your right, good to know the numbers on our Can. clad crap coins. with the Euro Tek HH
A1MTD

A1MTD said:
Hey Joel
Little confused on your report, maybe it's just the way I read it, example;
Quote:
Very light and fast recovery battery good for the long haul. End of quote!

Am I reading this right you just gridded the areas and used the AT Pro to detect the targets? So the readings are really the AT Pro's is this right?

Sorry for being so dumb, however I have a fresh Euro Tek Pro still in the box and hunt also in Canada. So the readings you gave were for At Pro or Euro Tek that's where I;am confused?

Thanks
A1MTD
Not sure what id numbers your coins will come in as on the Eurotek Pro but if you do some air tests with your coins I bet the in ground coins will id about the same and be pretty consistant as the id on the Eurotek is really accurate. They are a fun detector to use and will surprise most people how well they work. Curious to hear your thoughts about the Eurotek with your funny money :poke:. I'm half Canadian by the way & proud of it.

I always bring backup :garrett:detector whenever I go hunt.
I decided to use the :teknetics:Euro Pro as my main detector for the duration
of that 3 day outing.

Nice work Joel...I take my Eurotek out nearly every hunt, usually with another detector, and I am often torn as to which detector will be the main one, and which one the backup. I had it out yesterday in an area where I was not expecting any of our (Aussie) pre-decimal coins, and came up with 2, a 1936 Penny and a halfpenny. The Eurotek Pro has found 28 pre-decimal coins so far, 13 silver and 15 copper, and while it will not replace my Omega, I dont mind using it instead of the Omega. HH Pete

Hey Joel
Thanks for reply was wondering what those recent Canadian coins were reading on the meter. I never took mine out of box bought it for resale but still sitting here in shop. Seems Eastern Atlantic Canadians only like certain brands I won't mention any names. I found I tested a New Fisher F4 out on some Canadian coins in air, in all metal mode. Hmm they seam to read down in iron range, no wonder many people who use any amount of Discrimination can't find normal crap coins. Maybe Loonie , Toonies but small denominations even quarters this F4 detector ignores if disc. to high, just above Iron, I never though to try my Omega to see what results it's showing. Have to many to try and no time to do any hunting, I guess that's why the " B Man" is finding everything, there is nothing left for anyone else.. lol.

Anyway I may get another one so I can take it out of the box and try it out some day, we have 3 ball diamonds in our small community and another place to check before "B Man " finds out and does some of what he's famous for on here!

Thanks Joel will see what I can report on this Gem in the near future.

A1MTD